The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Turbo Projects (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Why not use water/alc/meth injection? (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=31253)

drivemusicnow 03-17-2006 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sicksubie
What is actually involved in adding a set-up like this?

There are a lot of varying degrees to which you can add a water/meth/alchy injection systems.

The easiest systems include a boost sensor that turns the systems on at a certain PSi. they include a vessel of some sort (some people use their windshield wiper resevoirs) a pump, a check valve, a nozzel sized for your application, and hosing qualified for the pressure you are running.

To upgrade on this system you can use controllers that take RPM, Throttle position, and boost to control the voltage going to the pump. Higher pressure pumps as well as pumps that can be used with methanol are upgrades. multiple nozzles may also be used, however you need to solve to see how much water/alch/meth you need.

You can also add two nozzles with two stages, and other such things. It can get extravagent once you start in with electronic controllers and multiple stages.

Like I stated before CoolingMist http://www.coolingmist.com/ is a good source of kits as well as information.

svxsubaru1 03-18-2006 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phast SVX
he is no longer using the AIC,
phil

Arent you using a aic? Or just a rrfpr?

Phast SVX 03-19-2006 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svxsubaru1
Arent you using a aic? Or just a rrfpr?

2v5 and vortech RRFPR and its running great
phil

sicksubie 03-21-2006 10:19 PM

again.. maybe a dumb question, but is this only applicable in F/I cars?

mbtoloczko 03-21-2006 10:36 PM

Quote:

again.. maybe a dumb question, but is this only applicable in F/I cars?

If you mean forced induction (rather than fuel injected), the answer is that water/methanol injection is mainly used in forced induction. To control detonation, forced induction cars usually require retarding the ignition pretty far from the optimum ignition timing. Except for maybe very high compression ratio NA motors (or poorly designed motors), NA cars do not have to run that much ignition retard. Water/methanol injection is to control detonation so that more ignition advance can be run in forced induction cars.

svxsubaru1 03-22-2006 10:53 AM

Quote:

phil

How high are your fuel presures gettting up to? And do you think there is head room for a couple more pounds of boost?

solarsvx 03-22-2006 11:20 AM

i had mine on boost load dependent, make sure to be carefull on where you locate the check valve, and best system is to get, are progressive rate units,

injection systems are only good for hi boost applications anything over 20 psi,

2 reason for it is to help with detonation and run higher boost levels off pump gas in performance gains there is a little to gain from it,

the best stuff to use is 99% methanol wich can be bought here in florida through titan motor sports for around 6.00 a gallon,

the wrx is runing 26 psi with meth kicking in off the UTEC system around 20 psi, there is a slight nudging between transistions and it wil back fire some what to purge the remaining methanol from the check valve to the intake manifold,

water works well and alchol work well also the pro's use methanol .

again any injestion system for a svx is usless

i have some video's in my locker if you want to see it in action on the dyno

svxsubaru1 03-22-2006 06:26 PM

I know many people that are using water/alc/meth injection systems that are running alot less than 20PSI and have had great results from it.

Phast SVX 03-22-2006 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svxsubaru1
How high are your fuel presures gettting up to? And do you think there is head room for a couple more pounds of boost?

im gonna wait till she is on a dyno, so i can take a nice long 4th gear pull and watch how the curve ends up before i make that call, i would say im near where i can go with this setup without running out of fuel
phil

sicksubie 03-24-2006 02:47 PM

If you start to lean out though you will be able to adjust it right? That way maybe you can allow yourself a couple of more lbs?

Phast SVX 03-29-2006 08:21 AM

Quote:

If you start to lean out though you will be able to adjust it right? That way maybe you can allow yourself a couple of more lbs?

yes, i can increase the fuel pressure by changing the diaphram in the RRFPR

sicksubie 03-30-2006 07:52 PM

What do you foresee as the ceiling for boost with stock internals?

Phast SVX 03-30-2006 10:40 PM

thats a really hard question. Im not so sure i want to find out. I will just be runnign 3.5 lbs of boost around town, and six on race fuel at the track. I love the added power, and im going to drive it like it is. I dont forsee myself doing any more power adders to this car, just gonna love how she drives for now and enjoy it without blowing it up(hopefully)
phil

sicksubie 03-31-2006 02:22 PM

would you run into valve float like they are with s/c at higher boost?

Drewbaru 04-03-2006 03:59 PM

Quote:

phil

I know what the rrfpr is but what is the 2v5?? I may know what it is but am not familiar with this abbreviation.
thanks.