The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   SubaruParts.com *IS* awesome! :) (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2449)

subaruparts.com 01-18-2002 09:21 AM

drop shipping

SUBARU keeps "promising" drop-shipping. We'll see. So far though it seems like we don't need it as bad as before. Since we switched to Airborne Express as our primary carrier things are getting shipped cross-country in record time.

Aredubjay 01-18-2002 09:52 AM

Re: drop shipping

Quote:

Originally posted by subaruparts.com
SUBARU keeps "promising" drop-shipping. We'll see. So far though it seems like we don't need it as bad as before. Since we switched to Airborne Express as our primary carrier things are getting shipped cross-country in record time.
I don't think I've ordered since you've made that change. UPS takes about 5 days from your door to mine (clogged up for around 3 days at the Chicago hub). The real "rub" comes in when you guys have to order from Atlanta. It has to pass me up on its way to you (3-5 days), then, another 5 days UPS. That was unbearable when I REALLY needed a part.

The dealership here (aside from being almost twice the price) is also slow in getting parts in, seeing as how they can only order on Tuesday for Thursday or, sometimes Friday delivery (depending on location of the warehouse they have to order from). It's a bit frustrating when you're as "obsessed" with your car as I am. :)

calmone 01-18-2002 10:17 AM

rj, you use the brakes?

Aredubjay 01-18-2002 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by calmone
rj, you use the brakes?

Only when ABSOLUTELY necessary. Most of my friction material has been left in Snowshoe, WV, the Burlington, VT area, Smoky Mountains and Canaan Valley, WV. Otherwise, I have no need of them at all. :D

rufus 01-18-2002 01:21 PM

Randy-

That reminds me. Have you had any re-occurence of the jack-hammer brake pedal incident? Mine has not re-appeared since the Snowshoe meet, despite some rather "spirited" attempts to recreate the effect. It seems very strange that so many of us had it happen all at the same time, and there did not appear to be any lasting effects from it.

Aredubjay 01-18-2002 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by rufus
Randy-

That reminds me. Have you had any re-occurence of the jack-hammer brake pedal incident? Mine has not re-appeared since the Snowshoe meet, despite some rather "spirited" attempts to recreate the effect. It seems very strange that so many of us had it happen all at the same time, and there did not appear to be any lasting effects from it.

Likewise, the "tooth rattling" Jackhammer effect has not appeared since Snowshoe II. Interestingly enough, I did not get the "Jackhammer" effect at Snowshoe I (over similar grades), but did get a "pulsing" in the brakes when I applied them. Of course, I had fairly new pads on at the time. Perhaps, if Beav checks this thread, he could shed some light on this phenomenon. My guess was, that the fluid was about to reach the "boiling point."

svxcess 01-18-2002 02:44 PM

Same here. On that one descent I thought all of my fillings were gonna drop outta my mouth. The shuddering came on so suddenly I was thinking suspension failure, warped rotors, etc. I haven't had it happen before or since.

I don't think that route stressed our braking system any more than my return from Snowshoe I.
Newsvx and I were punishing the braking system handling all those tight turns and switchbacks, I then encountered the "bambi twins" and really tested the ABS! No shudder at all. Its strange that we all experienced the exact same thing.

As far as brake fluid goes, I had them put in DOT5 silcone racing fluid when I added the braided steel lines, new pads and rotors.This fluid doesn't attract moisture and supposedly operates at higher temps.

Aredubjay 01-18-2002 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by svxcess
Same here. On that one descent I thought all of my fillings were gonna drop outta my mouth. The shuddering came on so suddenly I was thinking suspension failure, warped rotors, etc. I haven't had it happen before or since.

I don't think that route stressed our braking system any more than my return from Snowshoe I.
Newsvx and I were punishing the braking system handling all those tight turns and switchbacks, I then encountered the "bambi twins" and really tested the ABS! No shudder at all. Its strange that we all experienced the exact same thing.

As far as brake fluid goes, I had them put in DOT5 silcone racing fluid when I added the braided steel lines, new pads and rotors.This fluid doesn't attract moisture and supposedly operates at higher temps.

Well, I guess it could have to do with the paint scheme. Only us guys in the 92 Pearls complained.:confused: I didn't hear anyone else mention the shudder.

When I asked Don and Harry if their brakes "pulsed" coming down from the cute little "village" atop Snowshoe, they both said, "I didn't use the brakes." What wise . . . acres! :D