The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Not Exactly SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Cash for Clunkers... anyone ditching their SVX? (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=50808)

BoxerFanatic 07-02-2009 12:55 PM

Re: Cash for Clunkers... anyone ditching their SVX?

30.65 avg miles per gallon before that fill-up, not bad at all.

With as easy as this car cruises, 28mpg wouldn't surprise me, but >30 is a pleasant surprise.

And that is on driver's side tires that were below 30psi, when I checked them on tuesday. The passenger side tires were a bit above 30psi, but they all received a couple extra PSI.

It even got better than 350 miles per tank from driving in town all weekend, after picking it up.

BTW, those panoramics are fantastic.

demonsvx 07-02-2009 05:46 PM

Why doesnt the government give us a $4500 credit to convert the gas guzzlers to propane, natural gas, ethanol, etc rather than crushing them. The owners would be able to keep their cars, reduce emissions, save a bunch of energy both in destroying and making cars, create thousands of jobs for the conversions and save a ton of money?

SubaROO 07-02-2009 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonsvx (Post 607793)
Why doesnt the government give us a $4500 credit to convert the gas guzzlers to propane, natural gas, ethanol, etc rather than crushing them. The owners would be able to keep their cars, reduce emissions, save a bunch of energy both in destroying and making cars, create thousands of jobs for the conversions and save a ton of money?

Because that makes logical sense. It's the same reason we still have other wasteful programs on our budget too.

SilverSpear 07-03-2009 04:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by immortal_suby (Post 607488)
They can have my svx when they pry the steering wheel from my cold dead hands.

Well said!!
:mad:

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonsvx (Post 607793)

Well this is one... but with $4500 you can buy a set of new injectors, a new MAF, a new fuel pump, new O2 sensors along with a standalone and get the best mileage ever... :rolleyes:

SoCal LS-L 07-03-2009 11:42 PM

The crap part is that I may HAVE to...... if I cant pass CA smog, then I cant register it.... and im tired of watching for cops in my rear view. My girl is about to have her mom buy her a new car..... if I can save her mom 3500 - 4500 bucks... maybe I can get some of it back in cash to buy a honda :mad::lol:. Unless of course, someone in socal wants a great running but sunburnt 92 ls-l ......

Roo 07-04-2009 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoCal LS-L (Post 607944)
The crap part is that I may HAVE to...... if I cant pass CA smog, then I cant register it.... and im tired of watching for cops in my rear view. My girl is about to have her mom buy her a new car..... if I can save her mom 3500 - 4500 bucks... maybe I can get some of it back in cash to buy a honda :mad::lol:. Unless of course, someone in socal wants a great running but sunburnt 92 ls-l ......

my bet is the same thing is wrong with yours as was wrong with the other one I just drove to Nebraska with...

...the rear cat, which can be replaced with very little effort and about $500 in the budget. Believe me, if I'd have had the money, I would have bought this car outright, and kept it right here in our driveway.

Hondasucks 07-05-2009 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roo (Post 607770)
Speaking of that car, it wouldn't be eligible anyway.

When I filled up in Chappell, Nebraska, I purchased 13.745 gallons of fuel after driving

http://www.sonic.net/~roo/SVX.jpg

You're reading it right - there is no mistake on that odometer reading. I could have probably made it another 50 miles or more with the fuel I had left in the tank.

How the $*%*$& do you get 30+ MPG?? The best I've EVER gotten in my SVX was like, 23 MPG... And I always run Chevron premium...

1986nate 07-05-2009 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hondasucks (Post 608122)
How the $*%*$& do you get 30+ MPG?? The best I've EVER gotten in my SVX was like, 23 MPG... And I always run Chevron premium...

Before my trans went, I was getting 22-23.5 with 90% city driving. And my motor is also knocking a little(spun bearing).

Green1995SVX 07-05-2009 11:54 PM

My svx gets about 30mpg on the highway, too.

NiftySVX 07-05-2009 11:55 PM

I have never gotten worse than 17 mpg, the best being 27.5 coming back through kansas from colorado when i bought my 92.

Hondasucks 07-06-2009 07:43 PM

Worst I've ever gotten was a little under 16 and that was running Arco regular before I knew better :P I've been averaging 18-19 in town lately.

Noir 07-07-2009 09:54 AM

so i was thinking about getting $4500 from the gubberment.....and buying another subaru....nothing wrong with free upgrades right?

shelfy 07-07-2009 10:07 AM

is $4500 or $4500 extra? it might be time for me to do the same.

Noir 07-07-2009 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shelfy (Post 608356)
is $4500 or $4500 extra? it might be time for me to do the same.

if your vehicle qualifies, they'll wire the money to the dealership on the spot apparently. so if you qualify, it's going to be taken off your negotiated new car sales price.

you know i've never taken a penny from the gubberment. never taken financial aid, never taken unemployment, never taken any welfare or medical assistance...this freebie might just be the perfect 'gateway drug' for me to get in on the system and get some freebies galore. woohoo!!!!

SilverSpear 07-07-2009 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noir (Post 608357)
if your vehicle qualifies, they'll wire the money to the dealership on the spot apparently. so if you qualify, it's going to be taken off your negotiated new car sales price.

you know i've never taken a penny from the gubberment. never taken financial aid, never taken unemployment, never taken any welfare or medical assistance...this freebie might just be the perfect 'gateway drug' for me to get in on the system and get some freebies galore. woohoo!!!!

So in other words you are gonna betray 7 years of SVX commitment for a louzy $4500?

This is like a marriage to me, once you sell your wife for another piece of arse, you get nothing from the court ruling.

Hope you loose your car and you get nothing in return :p:p:p (J/K)