The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Wheels / Tires (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Wheels that fit the SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=29638)

Dr.Outback 03-30-2006 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mbtoloczko
At one time I was running 17x7.5"/48 mm rims with 225/45-17 tires, and there was about 8-10 mm of clearance between the tire sidewall and the inside of the fenderlip when I had the rear of the car loaded down with the tire inside the fender. Based on that measurement, going to a 17x8" with a 40 mm offset will likely rub on the inside of the rear fender lip unless you roll the fender or run a very narrow tire.

When you say loaded down, do you mean 4 people, and luggage?

Dr.Outback 03-30-2006 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Hunter
I have 18" Axis Se7ens with 255-50-18" Pirelli P-Zero Systems on my SVX and have never had any promlems, but I wouldnt go any bigger then 18". My tires are thin enough now, I couldnt imagine hitting a pot hole rollin on a set of 20s. I noticed a big drop in exceleration but could care less cuse they look so Damn good. They fill the wheel wells perfectly I think. I got comments all the time that my car is lowered, but its not.

Do your tires clear the fender when loaded down with 4 people?

mbtoloczko 03-30-2006 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.Outback
When you say loaded down, do you mean 4 people, and luggage?

I had a WRX 5-speed transmission in the back seat and a flywheel, clutch assembly, and other junk in the trunk. Probably was around 300 lbs worth of stuff between the trunk and the back seat. The rear fender lip was around an inch below the top of the tire, so it was perfect for looking at the clearance between the inside of the fenderlip and the side of the tire. Also, I was running about -1.3 deg of negative camber on the rear wheels at that time. If I were running less camber, there would have been even less clearance.

The Hunter 03-30-2006 04:58 PM

Answers to Questions

SolarSVX what you are looking to buy are Axxis Se7en MODs not the same wheel as me. Mine are the old style a lot less ricey looking without that big ugly lip. Just plain Old Axxis Se7ens are on my SVX.

Dr Outback, No one ever rides in the back of my SVX so I have no idea, nor do I "LOAD" my car with anything. I got a Ford Festiva beater for that.
and actualy for the last year my car has been in a corner of a heated garage awaiting a custom body kit and paint----- See Thread: "Bolt on Side Skirts" for more details.
When I was driving my car I baby it. Every signifigent little crack in the pavement or pot hole gets a full on stop. I dont drive fast around turns and beat it like It's a ralley car either. but under normal driving 55-75 on the highway and 25 through town I have had absolutly no rubbing at anytime.
Hope this helps.

Dr.Outback 03-31-2006 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Hunter
SolarSVX what you are looking to buy are Axxis Se7en MODs not the same wheel as me. Mine are the old style a lot less ricey looking without that big ugly lip. Just plain Old Axxis Se7ens are on my SVX.

Dr Outback, No one ever rides in the back of my SVX so I have no idea, nor do I "LOAD" my car with anything. I got a Ford Festiva beater for that.
and actualy for the last year my car has been in a corner of a heated garage awaiting a custom body kit and paint----- See Thread: "Bolt on Side Skirts" for more details.
When I was driving my car I baby it. Every signifigent little crack in the pavement or pot hole gets a full on stop. I dont drive fast around turns and beat it like It's a ralley car either. but under normal driving 55-75 on the highway and 25 through town I have had absolutly no rubbing at anytime.
Hope this helps.

Thanks, it does. I'll try to find a wheel with a little higher offset.

arondale 03-31-2006 01:37 PM

Rota's are replicates of Work Emotions CR Kai's... used on many SCCA racing-spec cars. Not that it makes them that much better... does give me bragging rights.

Work Emotion CR Kai
18x7.5
42mm offset
$2200 with Toyo Proxes4 ZR-rated direction tires.

http://homepage.mac.com/arondale/.Pi...36F9E011D8.jpg

Arondale
Atl, GA

BigBlueSVX 03-31-2006 01:58 PM

heres mine

Brand: Rota
Wheel: Action
Price: $600
Size: 17x7.5
Offset: +48 mm
Tire: 225/45/17 BFG KDW2

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/fil...eSVX/25731.jpg

andrew.anderson 04-01-2006 07:22 AM

All these pictures do is make me want an SVX even more.:)

odepaj 04-06-2006 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rmjjensen

How much? Where did you get them? Do they make them in a 17"? What is the offset? Do they rub at all? Did you have to roll the fender? If they only come in 18" what size tire do I have to buy to keep them close to stock diameter?

dustin

Motorsport-SVX 04-06-2006 08:33 PM

i just started a new thread on these

1 Attachment(s)
but It cant hurt to post a pic here too..
17x8s , not too heavy, good offset

odepaj 04-06-2006 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Motorsport-SVX

Dayle, how much are you selling those for? I also might be placing a big order from you soon :D .

dustin

Earthworm 04-07-2006 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by odepaj
Earl, how much are you selling those for? I also might be placing a big order from you soon :D .

Earl has none but you may want to ask Dayle :D

mbtoloczko 04-07-2006 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Motorsport-SVX

Wow. They actually fit. Offset does look fine. Interesting how the wheels have a much different appearance on an SVX than on a Mustang.

odepaj 04-07-2006 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Earthworm
Earl has none but you may want to ask Dayle :D

Dammit :D I always get them confused!!

dustin

Motorsport-SVX 04-07-2006 07:09 PM

just bookmark my site and add my email to your address book, and youll be fine :D

www.planetsvx.com
dayle@motorsportwarehouse.com