The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Just sold 97 Red SVX for $20,000 (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=44483)

svxcess 04-30-2008 10:30 PM

Even "proof" cannot be verified with any certainty on the internet.

There is my "original" window sticker from my 1992 Alcyone SVX. This is the only SVX ever imported into the United States under the Alcyone (not Subaru) designation. It is also the only one imported into the US with heated seats and 4-wheel steering... ;)

The window sticker is "proof" enough, isn't it?

Guess how much I sold this extremely rare car for? :rolleyes:

Actually, this sticker was manipulated in Photoshop, down to the finest detail. When printed actual size on a high quality printer, it is indistinguishable from the original. But you get my point...

For more information on this sticker, see THIS THREAD

NikFu S. 04-30-2008 11:45 PM

Everyone please note the sticker says the wheels are unidirectional.

Also notice the fuel mileage approximations in the lower left corner.

svxcess 05-01-2008 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NikFu S. (Post 545136)
Everyone please note the sticker says the wheels are unidirectional.

That's what they are.

\ˌyü-ni-də-ˈrek-shnəl, -dī-, -shə-nəl\

1 : involving, functioning, moving, or responsive in a single direction. Moving or operating in one direction only

Quote:

Also notice the fuel mileage approximations in the lower left corner.
I also like the fact that it is listed as "sub-compact" for comparison shopping and that annual fuel costs is $1012 (which at today's prices is about 253 gallons and if you got 21 mpg, a range of 5313 miles a year)

More than Earl's annual fuel cost per SVX...

Zeppelin 05-01-2008 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svxcess (Post 545159)
I also like the fact that it is listed as "sub-compact" for comparison shopping and that annual fuel costs is $1012 (which at today's prices is about 253 gallons and if you got 21 mpg, a range of 5313 miles a year)

More than Earl's annual fuel cost per SVX...

Maybe they were taking into account that it would be sitting with a blown transmission for extended periods of time? :lol:

SVX-FF 05-01-2008 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeppelin (Post 545165)
Maybe they were taking into account that it would be sitting with a blown transmission for extended periods of time? :lol:

Hey I heard that!! :(

Always pick'n on the little guy

Steve

Speedklix 05-01-2008 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svxcess

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeppelin (Post 545165)

Scary how much gas a $1 used to get you :(

Bailey 05-01-2008 05:28 PM

ha ha, my grandpa owned an independent gas station here for many years, brought his own gas up by rail from Texas. He retired in the late 60's. My grandma did the books. I remember "gas wars" when the stations would all cut the prices...I clearly remember 30 cents a gallon and dropping down to 14 cents sometimes...at least I think I remember that...or was that the cost of a loaf of bread...

LarryIII 05-02-2008 04:34 AM

I'm coming late to this thread. I have to say two things about it.
1) The red car with the black hood sure does not look like a '97 SVX. :cool:
2) If that car actually sold for $20K, then say hello to this board's newest millionaire. With my '97 and Rosie's '94, I can now make an offer to Earl for the sign, that he can't refuse.:lol:

lilbrudder 05-02-2008 05:27 AM

svxcess, you got me!:lol: i didn't read the fine print and ended up looking through your entire locker for 4ws pics:p. man do i feel like a sucker, kinda like when i got stop lossed after my contract and sent to Iraq:mad: ALWAYS READ THE FINE PRINT!!!!!!!

b3lha 05-02-2008 05:54 AM

Hey, you know what would be a cool thing to do:

If everybody on the network put their SVX on ebay on the same day with a starting bid of $30000. Obviously we wouldn't get any bids, but that's good because we don't want to sell. Can you imagine seeing 100+ SVXes on ebay all at once. :lol:

lilbrudder 05-02-2008 06:27 AM

i like that idea too, first let me get a couple cheap then let's do it.;)

SVX-FF 05-02-2008 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by b3lha (Post 545368)
Hey, you know what would be a cool thing to do:

If everybody on the network put their SVX on ebay on the same day with a starting bid of $30000. Obviously we wouldn't get any bids, but that's good because we don't want to sell. Can you imagine seeing 100+ SVXes on ebay all at once. :lol:

Make sure that you post them without pictures. That way we are sure to get the money. :lol:

Steve

SHISVX 05-02-2008 10:44 AM

you all know there are people out there who have so much money that they could spend an unspeakable amount on anything they wish

i have seen people spend ungodly amounts of money i wish i had on playstations at christmas and albino pubic hair on ebay

so what is so unbelievable about some yuppy with too much money over paying some guy for...hahahahahha

sorry couldn't keep a straight face

lol

Kelli

no really think about it....yankee candle for instance selling a smelly candle ( which sadly i love) for 25 dollars...for a f'ing candle...while you can go to the dollar store and get a smelly candle for a dollar....and there are people who will spend the extra cash...and that is on a frickin candle

now imagine the perfect svx...no miles...perfect condition...how much would you spend on it?

oh wait that isn't the story here either....

RSVX 05-02-2008 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SHISVX (Post 545417)
you all know there are people out there who have so much money that they could spend an unspeakable amount on anything they wish

i have seen people spend ungodly amounts of money i wish i had on playstations at christmas and albino pubic hair on ebay

so what is so unbelievable about some yuppy with too much money over paying some guy for...hahahahahha

sorry couldn't keep a straight face

lol

Kelli

no really think about it....yankee candle for instance selling a smelly candle ( which sadly i love) for 25 dollars...for a f'ing candle...while you can go to the dollar store and get a smelly candle for a dollar....and there are people who will spend the extra cash...and that is on a frickin candle

now imagine the perfect svx...no miles...perfect condition...how much would you spend on it?

oh wait that isn't the story here either....

This post... this one right here is a SHINING example of Kelli in real life... :lol:

Im sorry, what were we talking about?:lol:

kwren 05-02-2008 12:01 PM

Best I remember...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bailey (Post 545268)
ha ha, my grandpa owned an independent gas station here for many years, brought his own gas up by rail from Texas. He retired in the late 60's. My grandma did the books. I remember "gas wars" when the stations would all cut the prices...I clearly remember 30 cents a gallon and dropping down to 14 cents sometimes...at least I think I remember that...or was that the cost of a loaf of bread...

A loaf of bread was just a nickel. :confused:... if that helps:D