The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   What have you done to your SVX (or other Subaru) today? (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=56555)

NikFu S. 01-02-2012 04:16 PM

Yesterday morning I started her up in -20°F, not a single issue.

My XT6 would go on strike at anything less than +20.

SVX8588 01-02-2012 04:36 PM

Re: What have you done to your SVX (or other Subaru) today?

Quote:

Originally Posted by NikFu S. (Post 694107)
Yesterday morning I started her up in -20°F, not a single issue.

My XT6 would go on strike at anything less than +20.

Send me some of that weather! We've had terrible weather here in VT so far this winter. It's like April or something here! We have no snow to speak of and we got 1/2 inch of rain last night and today it was almost 40ºF! Normally I've been plowing and snowmobiling to my heart's content by this time of year!

Also swapped my antenna from my parts car today. The original was broken when I got the car and I just haven't gotten around to doing anything about it until today.
Glen

NikFu S. 01-02-2012 06:47 PM

It was actually warm for most of December, warm enough to rain a few times. This last weekend was just a freak show of what I previously believed to be normal temperature.

I was also out of town. I checked the temperature a few times the way home, it gradually got warmer as I approached the city. When I got home the SVX was showing about 0 even, up from a low of -26 around where I started. Temperatures were noted from 2:45 to 3:45 a.m.

SubaruJawn 01-03-2012 11:21 AM

i parked her, due to ****ty tires and SNOW.
will drive her again when we get better weather. :cool:

AlcyoneSVX 01-03-2012 03:08 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I installed my "crystal clear" headlights today! Woohoo!

92 SVX 01-03-2012 03:35 PM

What Those look great.
Are they the small car lenses?

I changed out the drivers side cv axle today, that make both front axles new in the last couple of months. The passenger side outer boot ripped open at some point last fall I started to feel the vibration when accelerating and decelerating so switched out that one funny thing it didnt change the problem so I changed out the drivers side today.
Have not tested it out yet.

icingdeath88 01-03-2012 03:48 PM

Those definitely look like the smallcar lenses.

Fair warning they will yellow faster than the stock lenses given the opportunity.

Sean486 01-03-2012 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icingdeath88 (Post 694198)
Those definitely look like the smallcar lenses.

Fair warning they will yellow faster than the stock lenses given the opportunity.

I was thinking of ordering a UV Protectant Film to put over the headlights next time I polish them. Might be somthing that would help the small car clear headlights stay nice longer.

Something like this:
http://www.xpel.com/products/headlight_protection.asp

icingdeath88 01-03-2012 04:27 PM

Couldn't hurt. They sell it by size here: http://www.xpel.com/products/bulk.asp

AlcyoneSVX 01-03-2012 04:31 PM

[QUOTE=92 SVX;694197]What Those look great.
Are they the small car lenses?

Thanks! Yes, they are Small Car lenses.
I had thought about the yellowing factor. I bought a protective film that I'll apply later this week.

jellybytes2 01-03-2012 08:03 PM

Replaced the alternator. I replaced the altertator back in October (about 10k miles ago) after it went bad- probably from overtightening the belt. I started getting the 4-5 dash lights intermittently on. With 200 miles per day driving I didn't want to risk it any longer so I picked up a warrantied replacement today and swapped it when I got home (about 8 degrees out). I also ordered a couple of new plugs because the wires look pretty bad where they attach. If it wasn't so cold out I probably would have just gone ahead and done the alt wiring mod since my wiring bracket is all cracked up anyway,

1986nate 01-03-2012 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jellybytes2 (Post 694210)
Replaced the alternator. I replaced the altertator back in October (about 10k miles ago) after it went bad- probably from overtightening the belt. I started getting the 4-5 dash lights intermittently on. With 200 miles per day driving I didn't want to risk it any longer so I picked up a warrantied replacement today and swapped it when I got home (about 8 degrees out). I also ordered a couple of new plugs because the wires look pretty bad where they attach. If it wasn't so cold out I probably would have just gone ahead and done the alt wiring mod since my wiring bracket is all cracked up anyway,

Where was your alternator from? and was it reman?

The answers to these questions will tell you why it failed already.

jellybytes2 01-03-2012 09:31 PM

it was reman Ex.. something I'll check the box tomorrow, it is sitting in the trunk waiting to go back. I know they had a PA address on the box. The original one siezed while I was out for lunch from work 100 miles from home and I didn't really have the option to shop around. With one year of warranty I'll get 50k miles out of the purchase.

SubaruJawn 01-04-2012 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlcyoneSVX (Post 694195)
I installed my "crystal clear" headlights today! Woohoo!

O M G !:drool:

now this is the sexiest SVX i ever seen.

pure black, chrome grill the clear lights really make her look good.

makes me want to paint vaxine pure black, i'm a sucker for black cars :cool:

SVX8588 01-04-2012 08:09 PM

Painted my wheels! finally. I have two sets of stock rims, and one set was peeling badly, so I decided to sand them down and paint them.
http://www.subaru-svx.net/photopost/...00&ppuser=8246

I noticed that the two left wheels have an "L" near the valve stem hole on the outside, as well as the "LH" marking on the inside of the wheel. The right ones only have the inner marking.
Now after they dry for a week they will be ready for snows!