The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   I had an accident; (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=63153)

SVX_MY_BABY 03-31-2015 10:58 AM

Re: I had an accident;

Quote:

Originally Posted by svxfiles (Post 739596)
I still can not feel my pointer finger or thumb AT ALL!
hopefully that will change in time.

Probably due to compression around the nerves due to the swelling. Happened to me after an accident. (actually twice, but that's another story)

I have one piece of advise. When you get to the stage where you are getting physiotherapy, do two to three times as much as they suggest! I can speak to this after recovering from two broken wrists, multiple fractured knuckles and dislocated / broken fingers due to a slight mishap.:tard:

Oh and a second piece of advise. Get a nice stick to put between your teeth to bite down on when doing your physio, 'cuase it hurts too.

Get well soon.

svxfiles 03-31-2015 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVX_MY_BABY (Post 739612)
Probably due to compression around the nerves due to the swelling. Happened to me after an accident. (actually twice, but that's another story)

I have one piece of advise. When you get to the stage where you are getting physiotherapy, do two to three times as much as they suggest! I can speak to this after recovering from two broken wrists, multiple fractured knuckles and dislocated / broken fingers due to a slight mishap.:tard:

Oh and a second piece of advise. Get a nice stick to put between your teeth to bite down on when doing your physio, 'cuase it hurts too.

Get well soon.

Thanks.
Two things,
Pain hurts, this sucks.:(

rvnmaniac 04-01-2015 06:32 AM

Heal quickly my friend.....

svxfiles 04-01-2015 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rvnmaniac (Post 739629)
Heal quickly my friend.....

What you are REALLY saying is;

Young Tom would be healed by now!

sigh:rolleyes:

rvnmaniac 04-02-2015 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svxfiles (Post 739631)
What you are REALLY saying is;

Young Tom would be healed by now!

sigh:rolleyes:

Or not. my car is running fine since your broke down. HMM what does that mean.... lol

cozykat 04-02-2015 09:36 AM

Oh my! I didn't realize your hand had gotten much worse. :(

I'm glad you are back home now. I hope you see improvement and feel less pain soon!

svxcess 06-23-2015 10:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I was out to Cumberland last night and we had dinner and drinks with OT.

I will let him fill you in on the recent details of what had transpired, but it seemed, unknown to Tom, that his doctor had inserted a self-tapping screw into the bones of Tom's hand, that had fallen out onto the table when she did the latest procedure. She also removed the silicone Hunter rods she installed as well.

Almost immediately the swelling, inflammation and infection in his hand decreased. While he still does not have use of his ring finger, the condition of his hand has improved a great deal. Here is the photo I took of it last night.

With decreased pain and discomfort, he is starting to feel more optimistic and much happier.

He can add the necessary details and clarifications and tell you what is in store next for him. I believe his doctor has done as much as she is capable of and maybe further surgery in Pittsburgh or Boston can resolve this.

http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/atta...1&d=1435118386

"THEY LIVE..."

newsvx 06-24-2015 04:20 AM

So glad to hear this! The pic actually looks like a hand now!

svxfiles 06-24-2015 04:51 AM

[QUOTE=svxcess;740841]I was out to Cumberland last night and we had dinner and drinks with OT.
There is a big suprize!:rolleyes:
I will let him fill you in on the recent details of what had transpired, but it seemed, unknown to Tom, that his doctor had inserted a self-tapping screw into the bones of Tom's hand, that had fallen out onto the table when she did the latest procedure. She also removed the silicone Hunter rods she installed as well. Almost immediately the swelling, inflammation and infection in his hand decreased. While he still does not have use of his ring finger, the condition of his hand has improved a great deal. Here is the photo I took of it last night.With decreased pain and discomfort, he is starting to feel more optimistic and much happier.He can add the necessary details and clarifications and tell you what is in store next for him. I believe his doctor has done as much as she is capable of and maybe further surgery in Pittsburgh or Boston can resolve this.
"He is starting to feel more optimistic and much happier......"
Translation;
When he kicks a puppy now, he does not enjoy it as much!:eek:

OK, so last week my Dr. removed four stitches in her office, as I pulled my hand back and turned it palm down, a FREEKING 1/4"+ SCREW FELL OUT ONTO THE TABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
FELL OUT OF A STILL MOSTLY CLOSED WOUND!
I removed the last three stiches yesterday, as they could not be seen due to the swelling.

Hmmmm, that was unexpected.
She then removed the hunter rod suggesting that I not watch, as nurses regurlaly faint while viewing the procedure.
Any way, the swelling has gone down a lot,
(perhaps not as much as my ex):eek::eek::eek:
Interesting thing, whatever local drug she gave me to numb the feeling in my hand (not lytacane)sp hit me hard later in the day and I lost about four hours, my one phone and a really cool "flashlight"?!?!
Thanks for listening.
Very Old Tom

OK, the flashlight has a TEN MILLION VOLT "special feature.

huck369 06-24-2015 05:25 AM

Glad to hear you're doing better Tom! Hopefully it is finally on the mend and you'll get more and more mobility out of it. :cool: .....now, you should drive to the Dragon Meet this weekend to celebrate! :D

svxfiles 06-24-2015 05:39 AM

Good Morning Huck!
More mobility,

but I takes it with me where ever I goes?!:confused:

Some day I will go to The Dragon! I really want to.
But this is not the year for me, finantial stuff.
WHEN I go there with my SUPERCHARGED The Racer on good, (ie no threads showing tires) I / we will go fast and NOT crash!
Maybe Elezar or Jerry, or my brother Mike will drive my 370HP, 2500# Pearlie, you know, someone fast!

huck369 06-24-2015 05:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svxfiles (Post 740845)
Good Morning Huck!
More mobility,

(More Movement in your hand/finger):D

but I takes it with me whereever I goes?!:confused:

Some day I will go to The Dragon! I really want to.
But this is not the year for me, finantial stuff.
WHEN I go there with my SUPERCHARGED The Racer on good, (ie no threads showing tires) I / we will go fast and NOT crash!
Maybe Elezar or Jerry, or my brother Mike will drive my 370HP, 2500# Pearlie, you know, someone fast!

Looking forward to that ride....

radarwhiz 06-24-2015 08:10 AM

I talked to Tom a few nights ago and it is really good to hear him in better spirits, not the ones on the top shelf :rolleyes: ;)
I hope this means much better thing for him in the near future.

I also gave him the OK to go ahead and put the supercharger on The Racer (gotta come up with a better name.....Orca? they are whales right) :p
I don't know why he keeps asking me to do that, it's his car :confused:

longassname 06-24-2015 08:13 AM

Hey Huck,

I don't guess Subaru gives you "Subaru Ambassador's" any insight as to whether they are really going to release the hybrid SVX with some real power or not..but...

If they are looking for feedback from the marketplace please relay how happy I am to hear they are going to produce a direct injection hybrid SVX with some real power. It's the right direction to go.

huck369 06-24-2015 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longassname (Post 740848)
Hey Huck,

I don't guess Subaru gives you "Subaru Ambassador's" any insight as to whether they are really going to release the hybrid SVX with some real power or not..but...

If they are looking for feedback from the marketplace please relay how happy I am to hear they are going to produce a direct injection hybrid SVX with some real power. It's the right direction to go.

Nope, they haven't confided in me that information :rolleyes: ....but I'll pass it on :D