The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   What have you done to your SVX (or other Subaru) today? (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=56555)

MarquisDePosa56 04-17-2011 02:59 PM

Re: What have you done to your SVX (or other Subaru) today?

Today, I went shopping for the SVX. Ordered my B&M transmission cooler and picked up a Mothers Head Light Restoration kit. Both of these little projects will be easier to do with the front end all taken apart. Next week the bumper skins go for prep and painting and if everything goes as planned, the rest of the car goes after Easter. My early May timetable for back on the road looks good.

NikFu S. 04-18-2011 08:00 PM

Bought yet more 5mt parts. 5mt rebuild/LGT gear swap just about finished.

oregondave 04-18-2011 09:31 PM

powder coated wheels mirror black
installed firestone w rated summer tires
getting new tranny mount and rack boot installed weds
just cleaned headlight lenses. installed HID kit but ballast blew out.

huck369 04-19-2011 05:06 AM

Install Lan's Stage I chip in my Yellow SVX.....
Definitely pulls harder....will light the tires up in 2nd gear when I nail it while rolling:D

(still need to put the chip in FrankenWedge....)

92 SVX 04-19-2011 04:29 PM

Drove it, like someone already mentioned Auto smile feature.

radarwhiz 04-19-2011 04:55 PM

Replaced window switches in Liquid Silver with ones from Emerald donor.
Finally got engine pulled from Emerald and on it's way to Texas for Claret, hopefully to be done and ready for Reading.

huck369 04-19-2011 05:40 PM

Installed ECUtune stage 1 in FrankenWedge tonight....wish I could take it for a spin, but it has no wheels on it right now:(

Obewon 04-19-2011 08:00 PM

I drove it. I drove the **** out of it, in fact .. after finally installing a TCU unit from ECUtune and a transmission cooler.

Wow .. it s driving like the car it used to be 15 years ago. So nice .. what an underrated car it is.

Freeman 04-20-2011 04:11 PM

I got 400# x 300# Summit Racing springs with Koni struts, new non-rusted wheel lugs, new painted calipers, new brake pads, and an engine cover!

svxfiles 04-20-2011 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freeman (Post 674492)
I got 400# x 300# Summit Racing springs with Koni struts, new non-rusted wheel lugs, new painted calipers, new brake pads, and an engine cover!

TTIWWOP!:p

jellybytes2 04-20-2011 07:17 PM

Driven it 200+ miles.. just like every other weekday.

MarquisDePosa56 04-20-2011 08:54 PM

I did something very special for my SVX

Gentlemen and Ladies: Google "Importfest Toronto"

A little history first:
Toronto Subaru Club is putting together a team entry for the above mentioned car show. I thought it would be nice to have an SVX as part of their presentation of local STi's and 2.5GTs and they all agreed. It will add a little history to the package.

I started the registration process on Sunday night. This is a show that will be dominated by heavily modified trailer queens. Even club entries require some serious mods. I explained as part of my entry that my car will be a lightly modified, reasonably well restored representative of Subaru's iconic grand tourer and pushed the historical aspects as to why it should be included.

Quite frankly, I had my doubts, but as of tonight after basically agreeing to show it with custom rims instead of stock, the car was granted special exemptions and will be included in Canada's biggest high performance import car show.

My restoration team (my son-in-law and his brother) have assured me they will have it looking like it just rolled out of the showroom.

We won't let you guys down.

If any of you guys or gals have ever done anything like this before, I would appreciate any tips or info you can pass along.

I believe attendance at this thing is in the tens thousands and I am thinking of preparing an information pamphlet. Any thoughts on that would also be greatly appreciated

Gamesy 04-21-2011 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarquisDePosa56 (Post 674499)
I did something very special for my SVX

Gentlemen and Ladies: Google "Importfest Toronto"

A little history first:
Toronto Subaru Club is putting together a team entry for the above mentioned car show. I thought it would be nice to have an SVX as part of their presentation of local STi's and 2.5GTs and they all agreed. It will add a little history to the package.

I started the registration process on Sunday night. This is a show that will be dominated by heavily modified trailer queens. Even club entries require some serious mods. I explained as part of my entry that my car will be a lightly modified, reasonably well restored representative of Subaru's iconic grand tourer and pushed the historical aspects as to why it should be included.

Quite frankly, I had my doubts, but as of tonight after basically agreeing to show it with custom rims instead of stock, the car was granted special exemptions and will be included in Canada's biggest high performance import car show.

My restoration team (my son-in-law and his brother) have assured me they will have it looking like it just rolled out of the showroom.

We won't let you guys down.

If any of you guys or gals have ever done anything like this before, I would appreciate any tips or info you can pass along.

I believe attendance at this thing is in the tens thousands and I am thinking of preparing an information pamphlet. Any thoughts on that would also be greatly appreciated

Haha nice! I plan to get my car ready for that too, right now its far from what i want it to be but if i'm not mistaken you have to have at least 7 of the 15 mods dont you?

if you plan on showing trunk audio i still got a custom sub box kicken around :D

decline 04-21-2011 08:08 PM

cleaned headlights with crystal view chemicals product. works good, i can actually see the projectors now.
I need a cheap HID kit to round out my headlight modernization/restoration
http://i1214.photobucket.com/albums/...o/IMG_0588.jpg
http://i1214.photobucket.com/albums/...o/IMG_0589.jpg
http://i1214.photobucket.com/albums/...o/frontsvx.jpg

Sean486 04-21-2011 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by decline (Post 674567)
cleaned headlights with crystal view chemicals product. works good, i can actually see the projectors now.
I need a cheap HID kit to round out my headlight modernization/restoration

Wow, it even brightened your paint color. :lol::lol: (I crack myself up.)