The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   SVX Cars Wanted (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Southwest SVX search (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=32542)

Sr240sx 04-08-2006 03:23 AM

Southwest SVX search

I'm needing an svx for college. I prefer it to be as stock and well maintained as possible, price range is 3k, willing to drive to neighboring states if needbe. AWD is a must, anything else is fine. I can't take one with anything blown, It has to be good and driveable right away, since I have so much time that I spend in my 240sx, I just need a daily driver. if it needs small things done to it (timing work, small amount of head work, tranny rebuild) yet still runs and drives decently, i may consider it.

any AWD svxes i'll at least take a look at.

i'm located in Arizona.

intelisevil 04-08-2006 04:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sr240sx
I'm needing an svx for college. I prefer it to be as stock and well maintained as possible, price range is 3k, willing to drive to neighboring states if needbe. AWD is a must, anything else is fine. I can't take one with anything blown, It has to be good and driveable right away, since I have so much time that I spend in my 240sx, I just need a daily driver. if it needs small things done to it (timing work, small amount of head work, tranny rebuild) yet still runs and drives decently, i may consider it.

any AWD svxes i'll at least take a look at.

i'm located in Arizona.

It sounds like you have too much money!?! :confused:

In case you haven't been reading this forum for very long, the general consensus seems to be that an SVX is not a very good college car. The maintanence bills alone car can double the purchase price of our cars in a year. A transmission rebuild can cost between $2000-4000. A new windshield costs about $1000.

There are a lot of other AWD Subarus out there that can be had for a good price and will be much more dependable through your college years. I'd suggest you start an SVX fund for after college.

Good luck with your search,
Dan

Sr240sx 04-08-2006 02:15 PM

I can do all kinds of work myself. and trust me, full coverage on glass with zero deductible means i dont have to worry about that. tranny rebuilds won't cost much, so long as I get some gaskets.

intelisevil 04-08-2006 09:30 PM

If you can rebuild SVX trannies and do other repair and mod work on SVXs, you could become the West Coast TomsSVX!

Where are you going to college?

Talk to Motorsport-SVX, he's in Tucson, he might be able to help you with your SVX search.

Dan

Sr240sx 04-09-2006 04:59 PM

I'm in Casa Grande, but I'm going to Washington State. I'd need to get some time under the hood of an svx before I worked on anyone else's, as of now i'm not familiar with flat 6's.

intelisevil 04-10-2006 03:33 PM

I look forward to you finding a suitable car and getting sufficient time under the hood!

There are lots of owners in Washington and Oregon who could use a good SVX mechanic.

Dan

Motorsport-SVX 04-11-2006 12:08 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Im in Tucson
should have a 92 Dk teal avail soon I hope
its bone stock, I can make it as nice as you
want or leave it as is.

intelisevil 04-11-2006 12:26 AM

Dayle

You have to at least put the wheels on correctly before you sell it to him. :eek:

I knew you'd be able to help him!

Dan

Motorsport-SVX 04-11-2006 12:34 AM

they look more trippy this way
plus they hypnotize people in other cars
next to you when they are like this :D

Sr240sx 04-12-2006 04:05 AM

Hrm, how's it run/drive, what options does it come with?

Mileage/ and how much are you asking for it?

Motorsport-SVX 04-12-2006 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sr240sx
Hrm, how's it run/drive, what options does it come with?

Mileage/ and how much are you asking for it?

runs and drives fine
Lsi loaded, leather sunroof etc
paint on roof and hood baked from the Az sun
no rust, az car
stock as a rock
My moms currently using it
$3500

Sr240sx 04-12-2006 11:10 AM

is that negotiable? because i am absolutely limited to 3k.

FrancesTheMute 04-12-2006 01:38 PM

Not to hi-jack the thread, but would you be willing to deliver/meet halfway?

Motorsport-SVX 04-12-2006 02:40 PM

cant deliver, no time
shipping to Ca cant be that much

Price are always negotiable , well usually :)

Sr240sx 04-13-2006 04:12 AM

Is there any time in which I could see/test drive the thing?

and when might it be available, i knocked my 24 out of commission today (bad road conditions led to a bad drift- need a new rear wheel, lower control arm, brake rotor, and steering rack.)