View Single Post
Old 04-08-2006, 04:02 AM
<<<Alcyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sr240sx
I'm needing an svx for college. I prefer it to be as stock and well maintained as possible, price range is 3k, willing to drive to neighboring states if needbe. AWD is a must, anything else is fine. I can't take one with anything blown, It has to be good and driveable right away, since I have so much time that I spend in my 240sx, I just need a daily driver. if it needs small things done to it (timing work, small amount of head work, tranny rebuild) yet still runs and drives decently, i may consider it.

any AWD svxes i'll at least take a look at.

i'm located in Arizona.
It sounds like you have too much money!?!

In case you haven't been reading this forum for very long, the general consensus seems to be that an SVX is not a very good college car. The maintanence bills alone car can double the purchase price of our cars in a year. A transmission rebuild can cost between $2000-4000. A new windshield costs about $1000.

There are a lot of other AWD Subarus out there that can be had for a good price and will be much more dependable through your college years. I'd suggest you start an SVX fund for after college.

Good luck with your search,
Dan