Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Supercharged Projects
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-13-2005, 03:46 PM
Just some dude.

Significant Technical Input
Here are the pictures of the last fabrication work i did before i switched to tuning and parts procurement.

Here's the paper templates glued to the sheet of 6061-t6. We use this annoying expensive alloy for our flanges because it is hardened and keeps a very flat surface excellent for flanges. Using the paper templates lets us keep very tight tollerances in alligning up our bolt holes while letting us make rougher cuts and not have to allways be worying about what edge is our straight edge etc.

Here Is one of the flanges cut from the plate now on the drill press getting ready to have the pilot holes drilled for the bolt pattern.

And here is one of the flanges after I've drilled the bolt holes and milled out the opening for the inlet. This is actually going to be a reject because i milled out the actual shape of the supercharger inlet(that was an expensive piece of metal to waste). I'm pretty much positive i won't be able to get away with that. I have a 3d image in my head of how the inlet side is going to work out at this point and that's not it. We'll get to that later on though. The next step is the bottoms of the outer sections and then the discharge flange.