SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-04-2013, 01:56 AM
Very Terrific Driver

Registered SVX
Re: SVX just not impressing people anymore?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwb3 View Post
I'm 67, a 65 year old lady I know thinks my SVX is awesome. Don't want to cause any nightmares here.
Gene
"I'm a Betty White fan.
Kept me laughing in public for a few minutes, Gene.

I know a thing or two about women and at least one thing about cars:

Women in general like passion and confidence. To the extent that they care about your car at all, as it is now they will sense your lack of confidence in your car (since you are doubting).

If you intend on using your car as an instrument in your skirt chasing, you must develope either confidence in or passion for your car, preferably both. If you know this car is solid, fast, safe, stylish and fairly unique and special, you can remain confident in it. It will then cease to be a point of anxiety on your dates. Being a bit on guard due to doubts about anything (in this case your car) can ruin any date.

Passion is something different altogether but, to the extent that you have or can develope passion for your car, women will be attracted to it. Women are easily dazzled by passion. They figure, if you can have such emotion for a car (or music, or art, or mountaineering or surfing or starving children or whatever), you are capable of harbouring such emotion for them. A lot of girls are sucked to this like instects to light. I suspect men are not very different but we have to allow for some cultural conventions here where men mostly fear passionate women (because they take initiative thereby robbing the man of his typical role). In the end, we are all very prone to "reward" and while smooth skind and some strategically emitted moisture is a great reward for a lot of blokes, winning over a man's (or a woman's) passion is equally rewarding for a woman

You can have every silly car you like, impressive or the oppostite, with a woman acutely aware or totally oblivious of it; as long as it is an object of your passion, she is more likely to get drawn to you than not. Keep in mind that passion is one mentality, nerdiness another (although a person who is already "open" to you will not differentiate much if the chemistry is ok to start with).

There is of course the type of girl that will boost her chest, develope eating disorders, make up too much and generally try to climb any ladder in sight. Unless you are quite rich or quite bad (many of these women have awful self esteem and hunt guys who are both mean and sometimes kind to them in order to fall in line with their self perception) you will probably not score them and quite frankly, I don't recommend you to.

At the end of the day, your sub $100k car is not going to stimulate any hormone or neurotransmitter release in a woman that's required to set about the necessary processes to get to bed and beyond. Meeting, mating, hooking up etc is much more a chemical game than you imagine and again, if you are stressed out or uncertain about the conditions of the situation (your car in this case), you will send a lot of tiny visual and pheromonal signals that you are not comfortable. The effect on her system will be inhibition of dopamine and oxytocin so you can wave any hayhopping good bye and probably not even get a second date.

If you just want a quick **** and don't feel confident in your car, just ask her out for dinner and dancing with a lot of alcohol included.
I'm ready to f...

Last edited by jetboy; 02-04-2013 at 02:10 AM.