Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Wanted or For Sale > SVX's and SVX Parts For Sale > SVX Cars For Sale
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-17-2007, 08:54 PM
15th time is a charm?

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmak26b
nothing against you, but now the other guy pissed me off. I will definitely part it if I don't get what I want by this weekend. Let me know if you need parts, someone already called on the spoiler.
Ok, Ill buy every part of it together, sans the spoiler for $750. That is an honest offer. We talked and had a good conversation regarding these cars. I dont need parts, Id like another car to put the parts I have onto.

Last edited by Mike621; 04-17-2007 at 08:58 PM.
Old 04-17-2007, 09:04 PM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
Quote:
Headlights
Seats
Interior trims and panels
Body panels
Glass
Switches

I will keep the suspension and drivetrain on the car when I junk it, but I will get my $1000 for sure. I am not too worried about it. I also got the cross drilled rotor and pads on it too
That will net you $500 at best... and good luck at that.. Mike has offered you a good deal, I wish you would accept it and I will leave it at that. Asking me if I have ever raced is a hilarious question... I have blown more motors and transmission than you know... you don't see me parting my cars out? It just a shame to see them hit the pike before you even think...maybe someone else could benefit from this... I wouldn't want to see this fate even go to a crappy honda, simply because its just dumb. Sorry, that my opinion of the whole matter and I apologize for attacking you... Just a shame to see such little effort spent in restoring it when it would take MORE work to take it all apart and sell the parts. Just not right thats all

tom
Old 04-17-2007, 09:25 PM

If $500 is what I get, so be it. I would still do it just to annoy people who complains about it. I don't need this $1K to survive, time is worth more to me than this car. I absolutely have no problem doing it either way. I just want to get what I want for it. If I don't get it, I am not going to give it away.

Blowing transmission and engines don't make you a good racer, it just shows you are not good at keeping the car running. No offense of course, just a friendly suggestion.

You can have your fuzz over it, it really doesn't bother me. If anything, you made me to part it even more. I honestly do like the car enough to keep it for someone to play with, but I'm still not going to give it away. If there is one thing I know about the SVX, it is the value of their parts. I have parted out many cars before, I get $500 back after the first day usually. The last time I checked, the airbags are still worth some $$ on these cars...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsSVX
That will net you $500 at best... and good luck at that.. Mike has offered you a good deal, I wish you would accept it and I will leave it at that. Asking me if I have ever raced is a hilarious question... I have blown more motors and transmission than you know... you don't see me parting my cars out? It just a shame to see them hit the pike before you even think...maybe someone else could benefit from this... I wouldn't want to see this fate even go to a crappy honda, simply because its just dumb. Sorry, that my opinion of the whole matter and I apologize for attacking you... Just a shame to see such little effort spent in restoring it when it would take MORE work to take it all apart and sell the parts. Just not right thats all

tom
Old 04-17-2007, 09:40 PM
Maniac modifier

if time is more valuable than the car.... why not sell it whole and be done with it... Parting it out will only take more time. Infact, it will take more time to part it out than to fix it. Just that nothing you are saying/doing is making any sound logic and every statement you make contradicts another.

I race my cars. Transmission and engine failures have nothing to do with my ability to drive the car, it has to do with pushing beyond the limits of the machine. Which obviously you cannot do with a stock car. I love my SVX and all others the same...okay maybe not my teal...

Clarify the following questions logically for me please

1. You were driving the car around with no 3rd or 4th gears?

2. You have a race car, but you cannot ID a big hole in the top of the block?

3. You want to sell the car for exactly what ypu spent on it after killing both the engine and transmission?

4. You would rather spend more of you precious time parting it out rather than allowing someone to pick it up at a reasonable price and fixing it?

5. What kind of "race car" do you have and why do you "race" a daily driver??

Tom
Old 04-17-2007, 11:09 PM
Betcha can't buy just one!
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via ICQ to ensteele Send a message via Yahoo to ensteele Send a message via Skype™ to ensteele
Quote:
If $500 is what I get, so be it. I would still do it just to annoy people who complains about it.

You can have your fuzz over it, it really doesn't bother me. If anything, you made me to part it even more.

I honestly do like the car enough to keep it for someone to play with, but I'm still not going to give it away. If there is one thing I know about the SVX, it is the value of their parts. I have parted out many cars before, I get $500 back after the first day usually. The last time I checked, the airbags are still worth some $$ on these cars...

I would like you to simmer down a bit. I don't like the threats and your attitude over this. Please tone it down and work with members here or a time out will be in affect. Most of the members here respect the car and want to keep what is left of them on the road and it is a little disturbing to see people part them out to make money when they could be fixed. When someone is a little bothered about this, it makes you want to part it out even more just to get to them? That is mature of you.

Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

Subaru Ambassador

[COLOR=”silver”]1992 Tri Color L[/COLOR] ~45K (06/91) #2430
1992 Dark Teal LS-L ~184K (05/91) #0739
1992 Claret LS-L ~196K (05/91) #0831
1992 Pearl LS-L ~103K (06/91) #1680
1992 Pearl LS-L ~151K (06/91) #2229
1992 Dark Teal LS ~150K (07/91) #3098 (parts car)
1992 White LS-L ~139K (08/92) #6913
1993 25th AE ~98K (02/93) #164
1993 25th AE ~58K (02/93) #176
1993 25th AE ~107K (02/93) #215
1993 25th AE ~162K (02/93) #223
1994 Laguna Blue Pearl LSi ~124K (1/94) #2408
1994 Laguna Blue Pearl LSi ~144K (10/93) #1484
1994 Laguna Blue Pearl LSi ~68K (10/93) #1525
1994 Barcelona Red LSi ~46K (02/94) #2624
1994 Pearl LSi ~41K (12/93) #1961
1995 Bordeaux Pearl LSi ~70K (02/95) #855
1996 Polo Green LSi ~95K (03/96) #872
1997 Bordeaux Pearl LSi ~55K (08/96) #097
2003 Brilliant Red LS1 Convertible ~29K (04/03) #8951
1999 Magnetic Red LS1 Coupe ~33K (04/99) #6420

My Email | Old Locker | New Locker | Picture of 15 of the 19
Old 04-18-2007, 06:06 AM

It's all about freedom of choice. You don't have to agree with me, but it is still my choice. If he wants to get personal, I will do it just to make a point.

As far as keeping cars on the road, I think you can start by telling people to stop crashing it. I think they account for more damage than anything else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ensteele
I would like you to simmer down a bit. I don't like the threats and your attitude over this. Please tone it down and work with members here or a time out will be in affect. Most of the members here respect the car and want to keep what is left of them on the road and it is a little disturbing
o see people part them out to make money when they could be fixed. When someone is a little bothered about this, it makes you want to part it out even more just to get to them? That is mature of you.

Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
Old 04-18-2007, 06:14 AM

#1 Yes, car didn't have 3rd or 4th gear toward the end. I never left my town after that, the day i did it they day it blew...

#2 What part do you not understand? I didn't even look under the engine after the car was towed back here. I opened the hood for people who wanted to buy the car, I Never looked at it myself.

#3 I bought my house for $150K, I had no problem selling it for $230K after 2 years. It's all about the market, I don't set the prices. THe market does.

#4 It takes me one weekend to part out the car, I won't even have to rip everything I can to get what I am looking. The rest is just bonus and beer money. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to determine how much the parts are.

#5 Miatas, MR2s, RX-7s, 350Z and I have a Cayman S on order. Never had a transmission failure in any of the cars. Why can't I race my daily driver? Is there a law against that or is that against YOUR RULES again? I like the idea to drive to and from the race track and go really fast on the track, what is wrong with that? The trophies and lap records seem to hold up just fine for me.

Quote:
if time is more valuable than the car.... why not sell it whole and be done with it... Parting it out will only take more time. Infact, it will take more time to part it out than to fix it. Just that nothing you are saying/doing is making any sound logic and every statement you make contradicts another.

I race my cars. Transmission and engine failures have nothing to do with my ability to drive the car, it has to do with pushing beyond the limits of the machine. Which obviously you cannot do with a stock car. I love my SVX and all others the same...okay maybe not my teal...

Clarify the following questions logically for me please

1. You were driving the car around with no 3rd or 4th gears?

2. You have a race car, but you cannot ID a big hole in the top of the block?

3. You want to sell the car for exactly what ypu spent on it after killing both the engine and transmission?

4. You would rather spend more of you precious time parting it out rather than allowing someone to pick it up at a reasonable price and fixing it?

5. What kind of "race car" do you have and why do you "race" a daily driver??

Tom
Old 04-18-2007, 07:17 AM
Maniac modifier

im done... There is no getting through to you because you are just feeding off of this when I am really just trying to talk you out of parting it. You want to be the guy who parts it... fine but like I said, you will never make what you want off of it... Take a peek on Ebay.... those guys have been trying to sell the same SVX parts for over a year.... there is no real market for parting them out esp. w/ the way you are going about it.... no one will buy from you

Tom
Old 04-18-2007, 08:58 AM

Who was right?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=160107889385
Old 04-18-2007, 09:42 AM
Takin tools to task

Send a message via MSN to NikFu S.
Registered SVX
Why is the listing private?
Quote:
Blowing transmission and engines don't make you a good racer, it just shows you are not good at keeping the car running.
Pot to kettle: "You are black."

'92 Dark Teal SVX LS-L, >146,000m
3 pedals, 5 speeds., restoration underway.
2012 Honda Insight, slow but cute.
Old 04-18-2007, 10:35 AM

Quote:
im done... There is no getting through to you because you are just feeding off of this when I am really just trying to talk you out of parting it. You want to be the guy who parts it... fine but like I said, you will never make what you want off of it... Take a peek on Ebay.... those guys have been trying to sell the same SVX parts for over a year.... there is no real market for parting them out esp. w/ the way you are going about it.... no one will buy from you

Tom
That's totally fine with me, I have no plans to sit here and keep pissing on each other. I don't care if it sells or not. The fact remains i am not going to give it away, so save your time and hassle as I really don't care what you think. If you start signing my bills, then we can talk.
Old 04-18-2007, 10:36 AM

Didn't I say I would try to sell it one last time before the chopping begins? You don't have to like my plans, but it doesnt make you right.
Old 04-18-2007, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikFu S.
Why is the listing private?

Pot to kettle: "You are black."
Car sales are usually private isn't it?
Old 04-18-2007, 10:46 AM
Freezepop's are Awesome!!!!
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Hocrest
Quote:
Not in the way your auction is....
Old 04-18-2007, 01:38 PM
What blue lights?

Send a message via AIM to GOT2HAVESVX
Quote:
Coming from someone who sells privately, he also sold a splashpan from a subaru svx with a V6 in it. For someone who doesnt "need" money your selling stuff like an A/C adapter and a 12.00 calculator on ebay?
Tom sweetheart.....sometimes it just isnt worth the time.......

Scott & Audrey's Subaru SVX's

1995 Green
1992 Black