Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Competition Motorsports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 08-06-2006, 10:53 PM
Row faster...I hear banjos!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVXRide
Chike,
Nice! Given my car and family issues this year, I think you probably have more "runs" than anyone other than Ben and Dave this season!
-Bill (starting to feel the pressure to get BillStock back in fighting form....then again, the 9" wide rims did show up this week )
Thanks Bill!

I love those racing seats you finished up for your car the other day. Definitely post pics of your new rims with the 275-sized r-comps mounted!

Chike

2013 Cosmic Blue 5spd Evo X GSR
2006 Galaxy Gray 6MT RX-8 (sold)
2006 Steel Gray WRX TR (sold)
1996 Brilliant Red SVX L (sold)
Old 08-07-2006, 06:06 AM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiketkd
Thanks Bill!

I love those racing seats you finished up for your car the other day. Definitely post pics of your new rims with the 275-sized r-comps mounted!

Chike
Bill has been informed that 275s just aren't good enough. He'll need to keep going up in size. We were able to get all 4 spinning on warm 275 tires yesterday on a fairly grippy surface. That is, if he wants to be competative.

I think if my numbers are right I secured 1st for the year yesterday with my 3rd place finish (out of 4 in class). .3 behind the second place 911 and 1.6 behind the 1st place 944. We really need to get those 12.5 inch wide tread pattern tires mounted.
Old 08-07-2006, 10:23 AM
Official AutoX Part Breaker
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by benebob
Bill has been informed that 275s just aren't good enough. He'll need to keep going up in size. We were able to get all 4 spinning on warm 275 tires yesterday on a fairly grippy surface. That is, if he wants to be competative.

I think if my numbers are right I secured 1st for the year yesterday with my 3rd place finish (out of 4 in class). .3 behind the second place 911 and 1.6 behind the 1st place 944. We really need to get those 12.5 inch wide tread pattern tires mounted.

-Bill (already looking for 315s )

Most famous NASA "Child" - OSIRIS-REx delivered samples from asteroid BENNU to Earth in Sept. 2023

Center Network Member #989

'92 Fully caged, 5 speed, waiting for its fully built EG33
'92 "Test Mule", 4:44 Auto, JDM 4:44 Rear Diff with Mech LSD, Tuned headers, Full one-off suspension
'92(?) Laguna, 6 spd and other stuff (still at OT's place)
My Locker
Old 08-07-2006, 04:07 PM

Quote:

-Bill (already looking for 315s )
You'll run into some definate clearance issues then up front when turning. Are you allowed to remove the fender skirts in ESP? Even with being out an inch and no skirts, fenders tweaked and lightened about an inch, bumper cut I still had to use a bfh to flaten some of the connecter steel for the skirt under there.
Old 08-07-2006, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Nice going Ben! Congrats!

Old 08-08-2006, 09:48 AM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Quote:
You'll run into some definate clearance issues then up front when turning. Are you allowed to remove the fender skirts in ESP? Even with being out an inch and no skirts, fenders tweaked and lightened about an inch, bumper cut I still had to use a bfh to flaten some of the connecter steel for the skirt under there.
Ben,
Agreed. I looked at the pics that Dave took at States, and it looks like the back tires aren't an issue (i.e.doesn't look like there is a "rubbing" issue). Can't take the liners out for ESP ( ). I think I might use my Ginzu body saw and cut the front fenders slightly out from the crease and move them straight out, filling the gap with new metal (sort of a BMW wide body look). If I did the math right, I should only have to move them out ~ 1 inch.
-Bill
p.s. 315s are way down the list....DA Konis and coil overs will come first...

Most famous NASA "Child" - OSIRIS-REx delivered samples from asteroid BENNU to Earth in Sept. 2023

'92 "Test Mule", 4:44 Auto, JDM 4:44 Rear Diff with Mech LSD, Tuned headers, Full one-off suspension
My Locker
Old 08-08-2006, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Ben,
Agreed. I looked at the pics that Dave took at States, and it looks like the back tires aren't an issue (i.e.doesn't look like there is a "rubbing" issue). Can't take the liners out for ESP ( ). I think I might use my Ginzu body saw and cut the front fenders slightly out from the crease and move them straight out, filling the gap with new metal (sort of a BMW wide body look). If I did the math right, I should only have to move them out ~ 1 inch.
-Bill
p.s. 315s are way down the list....DA Konis and coil overs will come first...
Looks can be deceiving though Bill. Remember we have Impreza rear struts shoehorned (literally) in back there. They're about 2 inches longer than SVX rears or Impreza fronts (which we ran last year). The rear is a lot more difficult to cut as it is structural. The 275s won't fit in there with a normal ride height. Once we go to our 22.5 inch diameter wheels I think we should have the clearance to return to a lower rear height. Getting it on and off the trailer though with 3 inches of total ground clearance might be an issue though.
Old 08-08-2006, 11:55 AM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Quote:
Looks can be deceiving though Bill. Remember we have Impreza rear struts shoehorned (literally) in back there. They're about 2 inches longer than SVX rears or Impreza fronts (which we ran last year). The rear is a lot more difficult to cut as it is structural. The 275s won't fit in there with a normal ride height. Once we go to our 22.5 inch diameter wheels I think we should have the clearance to return to a lower rear height. Getting it on and off the trailer though with 3 inches of total ground clearance might be an issue though.
Ben,
Good point, I forgot about your Impreza struts "pushing things up" in the rear...
How much negative camber did you end up running in the front and back at States?
-Bill

My Locker
Old 08-08-2006, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Ben,
Good point, I forgot about your Impreza struts "pushing things up" in the rear...
How much negative camber did you end up running in the front and back at States?
-Bill
Didn't get an alignment as once we get the new tires and wheel (which are becoming an issue now for fitting). Our one rear 225 tires though was actually worn to the threads on the inside corner. The first time we've had more than enough. That's the pass side so we'll use that for our guide when we get the new ones on but remember bias plys don't need/use camber as much so we'll probably be right about stock.
Old 08-11-2006, 10:13 PM

As of midnight on 8/12, they're 96 people registered. Only 29 slots left folks!

Old 08-11-2006, 10:44 PM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
I'm registered. I believe outide of Ben and Dave I am the only SVX registered

Tom
Old 08-11-2006, 10:56 PM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsSVX

Tom

cough.....cough.....check again....cough....cough....ESP class...cough....cough
-Bill

My Locker
Old 08-11-2006, 11:15 PM

Quote:

Tom
Hope the Stage 3 kit arrives in time!

Old 08-17-2006, 03:00 PM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
From what I have been lead to believe is that it will be here within a week. So, gotta get those twin detroit 671's out of the garage and my shadow machine in.... I will post pics of those motors and what happened for anyone who is interested

Tom
Old 08-17-2006, 03:53 PM

Quote:

Tom
Sorry Tom, I'm not registered in an SVX. Figured I might as well work on the clean sweep of the classes since of course I was already the fastest SVX owner to drive last year. Dave should have fun though putting our new tires through their first heat cycle. New wheels should arrive between next Thurs and the following Tuesday. I guess we no longer qualify for the sub $1000 class at the grassroots motorsports challenges as the wheels and lugs cost nearly 2x the amount of the car.