Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Supercharged Projects
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-2005, 03:46 PM
Just some dude.

Significant Technical Input
Here are the pictures of the last fabrication work i did before i switched to tuning and parts procurement.

Here's the paper templates glued to the sheet of 6061-t6. We use this annoying expensive alloy for our flanges because it is hardened and keeps a very flat surface excellent for flanges. Using the paper templates lets us keep very tight tollerances in alligning up our bolt holes while letting us make rougher cuts and not have to allways be worying about what edge is our straight edge etc.

Here Is one of the flanges cut from the plate now on the drill press getting ready to have the pilot holes drilled for the bolt pattern.

And here is one of the flanges after I've drilled the bolt holes and milled out the opening for the inlet. This is actually going to be a reject because i milled out the actual shape of the supercharger inlet(that was an expensive piece of metal to waste). I'm pretty much positive i won't be able to get away with that. I have a 3d image in my head of how the inlet side is going to work out at this point and that's not it. We'll get to that later on though. The next step is the bottoms of the outer sections and then the discharge flange.
Old 07-13-2005, 04:21 PM
Just some dude.

On the tuning end I have also made the exact measurements for the z32maf meter. I had done this in a ad hoc fashion before which let me get a close enough estimate to work but now I've gone back and done the precise stuff to get a final version.

I'll go ahead and let the cat out of the bag now. We are ixnaying the nitrous tuning as stage 2 and using that name to release the software I just finished for the z32 mass air meter. The Stage 2v3 software is the same as the stage 1v4 software except that it uses the z32 mass air meter. This will allow the 2nd set of code which is switched to by the power input to be used for either 87 octane fuel or for forced induction. It isn't tuned for large fuel injectors like the stage III software but it is still a giant leap forward for anyone trying to make their svx faster than stock but unwilling or unable to step up to a full stage 3 system. It will accurately measure the air flow and thus propperly adjust ignition timing at any load and accurately control the fuel injectors right up to full open all the time.
Old 07-13-2005, 05:02 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
Do you have a price on the new stage II? (1.5 )

Would you be providing the MAF sensor?

So does old stage II become stage III and old stage III become stage IV?
Old 07-13-2005, 05:14 PM
Just some dude.

All the information will all be on the website soon as I finish the site changes.

No, the old stage 2 which was nitrous tuning will no longer be offered.

Stage 2v3 will be available on it's own, as an upgrade for stage 1 owners, and with the maf meter and electrical connector.

Stage 2v3 package $429
Stage 2v3 upgrade $329
Stage 2v3 package with z32 maf and electrical connector $647
Old 07-13-2005, 05:18 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
RIP old Stage II
Old 07-13-2005, 06:24 PM

So it is the stage III chip, and MAF. Just w/o the fuel injector constant being changed for larger injectors? Are you willing to sell a version of that(modified constant)... If so I'm very interested as I'm deciding on fuel and tuning issues for my just purchased turbo.
-ECU Stage 1 Chip *
-Alluminum Drive Pulley *
-Stage 1 Shift Kit
-Small Car Clear Lenses and Corners
-1997 SVX Grill
-17" X 7" Enkei Shoguns
*Thanks Dayle! (SVX Motorsports)

1987 Pontiac Formula 350
-Enough (Once I put it back together again)
Old 07-13-2005, 07:24 PM
Just some dude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87f383
So it is the stage III chip, and MAF. Just w/o the fuel injector constant being changed for larger injectors? Are you willing to sell a version of that(modified constant)... If so I'm very interested as I'm deciding on fuel and tuning issues for my just purchased turbo.
The difference in the stage III is more complicated than that. For one there are a lot more changes to run different size injectors than modifying a constant. There are many adjustments to be made for different fuel injectors. The software would need to be customized for each particular brand and model of injector and the reality is even if we released the full blown stage III software for seperate purchase there wouldn't be anyone willing and able to afford to buy it, a mass air meter, and nismo injectors that isn't willing and able to buy the full stage III package. Anyone that wants to buy the software seperately is either trying to or needs to save money and can't pay for the parts that the stage III software is customized for. That or they are grossly deluding themselves into believing that they can produce a superior system or equivalent one for less money.

Know what I mean...either you are ready for stage 3 or you are ready for stage 2. There is no stage 3 at a stage 2 price. If it could be done I'd be doing it. I strive to produce what the demand is there for after all.

Last edited by longassname; 07-13-2005 at 07:31 PM.
Old 07-13-2005, 09:26 PM
Official AutoX Part Breaker
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by longassname
snip*

Stage 2v3 will be available on it's own, as an upgrade for stage 1 owners, and with the maf meter and electrical connector.

Stage 2v3 package $429
Stage 2v3 upgrade $329
Stage 2v3 package with z32 maf and electrical connector $647
Michael,
I little clarification, please. For those of us who already have the Stage 1 v4 chip, exactly what will the Stage 2 v3 provide if you don't have the z32 MAF?
Thanks.
-Bill

Most famous NASA "Child" - OSIRIS-REx delivered samples from asteroid BENNU to Earth in Sept. 2023

Center Network Member #989

'92 Fully caged, 5 speed, waiting for its fully built EG33
'92 "Test Mule", 4:44 Auto, JDM 4:44 Rear Diff with Mech LSD, Tuned headers, Full one-off suspension
'92(?) Laguna, 6 spd and other stuff (still at OT's place)
My Locker
Old 07-13-2005, 09:44 PM
Just some dude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVXRide
Michael,
I little clarification, please. For those of us who already have the Stage 1 v4 chip, exactly what will the Stage 2 v3 provide if you don't have the z32 MAF?
Thanks.
-Bill

big clouds of smoke if it will start. Stage 2 is for running a z32maf meter; if you aren't going to run a z32 maf there's no reason to get it and it wouldn't work anyway.

Last edited by longassname; 07-13-2005 at 10:08 PM.
Old 07-13-2005, 09:55 PM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
So wait. The new stage 2 is $100 more than the old nitrous setup but yet offers nothing to the N/A community?? That makes no sense except for people like SVXtacy and Svxfiles. I too would like to build my own S/C setup if I stumble upon some "cheap" parts but I don't see it happening for me. I think any credit towards purchasing the stage 2 that I was gonna buy has gone to waste now. Is there anyway I can still get it or are you completely done?

Tom
Old 07-13-2005, 10:05 PM
Just some dude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomssvx
So wait. The new stage 2 is $100 more than the old nitrous setup but yet offers nothing to the N/A community?? That makes no sense except for people like SVXtacy and Svxfiles. I too would like to build my own S/C setup if I stumble upon some "cheap" parts but I don't see it happening for me. I think any credit towards purchasing the stage 2 that I was gonna buy has gone to waste now. Is there anyway I can still get it or are you completely done?

Tom

Tom,

Have I ever left somebody unhappy? Of course I'll still be happy to supply you with the nitrous version. I'm not going to keep carying it in general but no reason i can't provide it to you.

I wouldn't say it offers nothing to the N/A community either. It's beneficial to people who want to run higher rpms. There will probably be a performance increase for all svx's. Someone else is planning on testing that so I'll let him share his findings when he does instead of me doing it.
Old 07-13-2005, 10:09 PM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
OK Mike, you scared me for a minute. I was thinking of retracting my offer for IRIS valves.. I still need to ship them. With all of the parts I have sent you, how much would the stage 2 software cost me at this point??

Tom
Old 07-13-2005, 10:17 PM
Just some dude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomssvx
OK Mike, you scared me for a minute. I was thinking of retracting my offer for IRIS valves.. I still need to ship them. With all of the parts I have sent you, how much would the stage 2 software cost me at this point??

Tom
act like i'm an a*** then ask for more money...........very smooooooooooooth, lol

didn't we already discuss what i'd give you?

Anyway, no more talk about stage 2v3 here. This thread is for those who purchased stage 3. I'll start a stage 2v3 thread soon.
Old 07-16-2005, 03:54 PM

Send a message via AIM to Duckie
Is there any estimated completion date for stage 3 yet?
Old 07-16-2005, 06:07 PM
Just some dude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckie
Is there any estimated completion date for stage 3 yet?
I'd hate to guess because that's what it would be, a guess. The next few days I have to take off to give my attention to finals (I'm getting an mba). After that I will be doing nothing but stage 3 fabrication and you'll see the daily picture posting again.