Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Transmission and Drivetrain
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-20-2008, 10:03 PM

Registered SVX
Re: New Shift Kit Developed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwb3 View Post
When a person develops a modification that provides an upgrade to the stock SVX systems, I would expect that they would utilize components that are available from other manufacturers to assemble the final product offered. If the QC has some "off the shelf parts", so what? I smell sour grapes here. Pardon the bad English. I have been living in the South of the U.S.A. for too long.
With due respect,
Gene
Why is it that people do not read that which is written and put a slant on the situation to suite what they preconceive?
(N.B. The final statement within my post:-

"I am not at all concerned that Harvey has used a kit set for his project, a logical idea, good on him if he is willing to accept the risk. What is not on, is the blarney of writing himself up as the designer of intricate circuitry."

If off the shelf components had been used to assemble an original design the situation would be vastly different. Using the exact design, as well as a circuit board produced by another and inferring that this constitutes a personal achievement, is another matter entirely. There are no sour grapes, but there is a desire for truth.

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!
Old 06-21-2008, 12:34 AM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myetball View Post
Didn't somebody get ned from that "grubby habitat" for being a total and continual PITA?

Yes that was "faster", as he did not grovel to the proprietor of the swearing, tearing, grubby habitat. Not good for his business so pull the plug.

If you have something to say, be honest and open about and don't piss about hiding behind your monitor.

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!
Old 06-21-2008, 05:55 AM

Its truly amazing when someone creates a product that do improve the performance of the svx and you continue to get the negative replies.I am purchasing one soon and have a feeling what those dyno spikes truly are,I run two a/f ratio meters on my svx an with full throttle shifts the right engine meter goes blank,I think the QC just prevents that loss of power during shifts.Take any late model acura legend or vigor or a eary model saturn,those are just a few cars that will chirp second gear withthe stock motor and auto tranny plus they already have 200k plus mile already.No one has a gun to my back to buy one and Thanks Harvey for creating this product that didn't come from ebay.I actually had a lucky day afew years back to meet Matt,based on his experience with the QC alone is good enough for.Also I didn't write this to T anyone off and if I did I apologize,we have to realize that any product created for the svx is stepping into new ground and if truly successful this guy can try this on other vechicles.
Old 06-21-2008, 03:01 PM
Mr. Inappropriate

Yeah, those dyno spikes may look scary to some folks but really how often do most folks run their SVX at full throttle. I believe time will prove this to be a worthwhile product.
Old 06-21-2008, 05:27 PM
Network Design Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
Yes that was "faster", as he did not grovel to the proprietor of the swearing, tearing, grubby habitat. Not good for his business so pull the plug.

If you have something to say, be honest and open about and don't piss about hiding behind your monitor.
That's funny, because I dont grovel to him, and I am not banned.

Hell I am one of the people that got him banned from here... Clearly we are not the only ones who see the trouble maker in you.
-1993 Subaru SVX LS-L, Barcelona Red, #46, 160,000+ Miles (Sold to SomethingElse)
-2011 Toyota Sienna SE, Black, 30,000+ Miles (Swagger Wagon )
-2002 BMW R 1150R ABS, Black, 26,000+ Miles (Daily Driver )
SVX Owner from February 1997 to March 2008
SVX Online Community Member since February 1998
SVX World Network Member since February 2002, Member #520

Life is a game. Play to win.
The world belongs to those who can laugh at it.
Old 06-21-2008, 07:01 PM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSVX View Post
That's funny, because I dont grovel to him, and I am not banned.

Hell I am one of the people that got him banned from here... Clearly we are not the only ones who see the trouble maker in you.
Your post contitutes a sly distortion of the facts as you have quoted my reply exclusive to a post by Mteball.

What is more,my efforts to insure that members are not provided with incorrect information, does not make me a trouble maker. However, what the hell, your opinion does not concern me.

Last edited by Trevor; 06-21-2008 at 07:13 PM. Reason: extended post
Old 06-21-2008, 07:13 PM
Old Timer (age that is)

Send a message via Yahoo to lhopp77
Registered SVX

Quote:
You most certainly did miss the detail covering the development of the smallcar kit. A great deal of incorrect input from Harvey had to be sorted, It was a laborious process and all is recorded within the archives.

In that instance there was no high horse self endorsement by the originator, and he looked for no special recognition regarding his idea.
I still don't recall it ever showing dyno plots??

Lee
96 SVX LSi Red
92 SVX LS Pearl (Parts)
01 F150 4X4 Red
(+6 with other members of the family)

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 06-21-2008, 07:32 PM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhopp77 View Post
I still don't recall it ever showing dyno plots??

Lee
There was never any suggestion by the originator or anyone else, that improved engine performance was an issue being addressed, or even considered.

Old 06-21-2008, 09:05 PM
Network Design Administrator

Quote:
Didn't somebody get ned from that "grubby habitat" for being a total and continual PITA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSVX View Post
Quote:

That's what I am saying, he claims high horse, and then pulls that... talk about self contradictory.
Quote:
I presume I am intended to be the target of the above remark. I do not claim "high horse".

It appears that many are unable to assimilate more than three or four simple words. Understanding requires a little concentration and comprehension. The essence of my post is in pointing out deception which has occurred, as a means of self gratification. In no way can this be considered to be an honest objective, particularly when there is a profit motive.

P.S. If I had made the above statement, my post would be history. Read the rules. Obviously it is an advantage to be part of the executive.
Quote:

Quote:
Your post contitutes a sly distortion of the facts as you have quoted my reply exclusive to a post by Mteball.

What is more,my efforts to insure that members are not provided with incorrect information, does not make me a trouble maker. However, what the hell, your opinion does not concern me.

But you see, you CLEARLY missed that I had included myself in that conversation.

So, make sure you pronounce that you got your facts wrong here!
-1993 Subaru SVX LS-L, Barcelona Red, #46, 160,000+ Miles (Sold to SomethingElse)
-2011 Toyota Sienna SE, Black, 30,000+ Miles (Swagger Wagon )
-2002 BMW R 1150R ABS, Black, 26,000+ Miles (Daily Driver )
SVX Owner from February 1997 to March 2008
SVX Online Community Member since February 1998
SVX World Network Member since February 2002, Member #520

Life is a game. Play to win.
The world belongs to those who can laugh at it.

Last edited by RSVX; 06-21-2008 at 09:10 PM.
Old 06-21-2008, 09:06 PM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX

Quote:
Why is it that people do not read that which is written and put a slant on the situation to suite what they preconceive?
(N.B. The final statement within my post:-

"I am not at all concerned that Harvey has used a kit set for his project, a logical idea, good on him if he is willing to accept the risk. What is not on, is the blarney of writing himself up as the designer of intricate circuitry."

If off the shelf components had been used to assemble an original design the situation would be vastly different. Using the exact design, as well as a circuit board produced by another and inferring that this constitutes a personal achievement, is another matter entirely. There are no sour grapes, but there is a desire for truth.
In view of Trevor's quest for the truth, and my insistence to “tell it like it is”, I must put his slanderous accusations to test.

Firstly he accuses me of not being capable of designing an intricate electronic circuitry. Second he accuses me of stealing somebody else’s circuit board, for my own use.

To deal with the first, I am quite comfortable in designing any electronic circuitry. I have all ways had electronics as a hobby since I built my first crystal radio, moving through the various stages to achieve my Amateur radio operator's licence.

In the early 70s I did a 12 months full-time Diploma course on Computer Technology with Control Data, on the main-frame computers of the time. This included digital and analogue electronics. I constructed my first Vector Graphics computer in 73, using the original Z80 processor. I then designed a digital controller for an automatic, automotive, spring winding machine that I also designed.
I continued through various stages to teach Automotive Engineering at Sydney Technical collage, where I wrote and taught an ‘Electronics for Automotive Mechanics’ course, and was instrumental in changing the way electrical was taught to move it into the modern era.

Configuring Linier ICs in the way that I have, may be new to Trevor, but it is a basic building block for all electronic designers. Phil uses it in his digital discriminator to clean the signal between the ECU and the lap top.

I am absolutely confident in designing and offering this circuitry, in my Quick Change

Second. I designed my own circuit board, using a CAD program to suit the circuit that I wanted to use. I also designed it to allow me to build the board easily, as not having a right arm increases the degree of difficaulty in anything that I do, hence the low production of 10 a week. As can be seen in the picture it bares the Slick Shift logo both on the silk screen, and copper sides.

I now demand an apology of the same prominence as the slanderous accusations.

Harvey.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg copper side logo.jpg (17.0 KB, 552 views)
File Type: jpg Slik screen side.jpg (18.4 KB, 543 views)

95 Lsi. Bordeaux Pearl, Aust. RHD.149,000Kls Subaru BBS wheels.
97 Liberty GX Auto sedan. 320,000Kls.
04 Liberty 30R Auto Premium. 92.000kls.
Old 06-22-2008, 08:27 AM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by poweredx2 View Post
Its truly amazing when someone creates a product that do improve the performance of the svx and you continue to get the negative replies.I am purchasing one soon and have a feeling what those dyno spikes truly are,I run two a/f ratio meters on my svx an with full throttle shifts the right engine meter goes blank,I think the QC just prevents that loss of power during shifts.Take any late model acura legend or vigor or a eary model saturn,those are just a few cars that will chirp second gear withthe stock motor and auto tranny plus they already have 200k plus mile already.No one has a gun to my back to buy one and Thanks Harvey for creating this product that didn't come from ebay.I actually had a lucky day afew years back to meet Matt,based on his experience with the QC alone is good enough for.Also I didn't write this to T anyone off and if I did I apologize,we have to realize that any product created for the svx is stepping into new ground and if truly successful this guy can try this on other vechicles.
I remember our meeting well! I also remember how awesome your svx sounded. I am very anxious to see your timeslips after you install the QC shift kit since you have so much experience at the track and you know what your car runs. Hopefully it won't all go up in wheelspin. The power mode mod along with the shift kit is a great combination.
92 Ebony LS-L ECUtune Stage2av1, Z32 MAF, 370cc injectors, TomsSVX intake, BontragerWorks 22mm RSB #003, HID Hi and Lo beams, OT endlink and bushing mods, PWR Aluminum radiator, Harvey's QC shift kit, 2.5" flowmaster 80 exhaust, 17" Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Poly sway bar bushings, Slotted Bradi rotors, AFBeefcake powdercoated calipers, 97 grill, and a huge set of air horns. 300,000 miles and counting
92 Ebony LS-L. ecutune stage1v4, motorsport 1pc pulley. Garage Queen - sold to Dad in upstate NY 155,000 miles
19 Subaru Ascent Premium - -Hers !.
89 DL 4x4 little red wagon - a.k.a. The immortal suby. 275k R.I.P.
Old 06-22-2008, 11:44 AM
Old Timer (age that is)

Send a message via Yahoo to lhopp77
Registered SVX

Quote:
There was never any suggestion by the originator or anyone else, that improved engine performance was an issue being addressed, or even considered.
Well, now let's be precise as you seem to like it. I don't think the designer is claiming any "improved engine performance" as you state it. All I see are possible indications of some drivetrain efficiencies with better shifts but no engine performance claims. It seems that the dyno plots speak for themselves. Of course, again--maybe I missed something.

(I must add though--that I have ONLY a minute percentage of the technical knowledge that you AND Harvey have. I am envious of BOTH of you and fully agree with young TOM's earlier post.)

Lee
96 SVX LSi Red
92 SVX LS Pearl (Parts)
01 F150 4X4 Red
(+6 with other members of the family)

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

Last edited by lhopp77; 06-22-2008 at 11:47 AM.
Old 06-22-2008, 06:34 PM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhopp77 View Post
Well, now let's be precise as you seem to like it. I don't think the designer is claiming any "improved engine performance" as you state it. All I see are possible indications of some drivetrain efficiencies with better shifts but no engine performance claims. It seems that the dyno plots speak for themselves. Of course, again--maybe I missed something.

(I must add though--that I have ONLY a minute percentage of the technical knowledge that you AND Harvey have. I am envious of BOTH of you and fully agree with young TOM's earlier post.)

Lee
My post in fact referred to the designer of the small car kit and had nothing to do with the "CQ". However I somewhat understand the reason for your confusion.

What is more research within this thread, will disclose that I went to some lengths in assisting Harvey in his claim of there being slightly more power at the wheels, as a result of the fitting of his "CQ". Many here were mixed up in this regard due to his wording.

Old 06-22-2008, 06:56 PM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX

Quote:
My post in fact referred to the designer of the small car kit and had nothing to do with the "CQ". However I somewhat understand the reason for your confusion.

What is more research within this thread, will disclose that I went to some lengths in assisting Harvey in his claim of there being slightly more power at the wheels, as a result of the fitting of his "CQ". Many here were mixed up in this regard due to his wording.
I now demand an apology of the same prominence as the slanderous accusations.

Harvey.

95 Lsi. Bordeaux Pearl, Aust. RHD.149,000Kls Subaru BBS wheels.
97 Liberty GX Auto sedan. 320,000Kls.
04 Liberty 30R Auto Premium. 92.000kls.
Old 06-23-2008, 07:10 PM
Cruisin' in Gator Country
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX Classic SVX

I just wish you all would take a deep breath and stop this crap. Great minds on all sides. Life is too short for all this BS. I hope hatchets can be buried and we go on with to-the-point tech talk. Everyone involved needs to just stop responding to posts that do not provide meaningfull information to us noobs that are searching for answers. The poetry I've just labored through on both sides (both forums) is a waste of my time, as is this nonsense about who is posting what. What ever happened to "I agree to disagree". Sorry if I offend anyone. Flame each other in PM's and leave the rest of us out of this, please.

Gene
1994 SVX LSi AWD 95K - Emerald Pearl (sold)
1992 SVX LS-L AWD 115K - Dark Teal 4.44 swap (sold)