Old 01-06-2003, 02:38 PM
svxlatino

Talking

Come up here and I show you better!!!
Old 01-07-2003, 10:46 AM
$VX

Show what?
Old 01-07-2003, 02:23 PM

well....in defense of rap music, you may try listening to a good artist and the lyrics instead of the boomin bass and the swears. its a style just like any other type of music, and rappers do talk about issues important to people. for example in a song "I wonder why they call you *****" by tupac shakur, you may think that the song will be negative, but if you want...download it and actually listen to the words. tupac was not just a rapper but he was an activist for womens rights and black peoples rights. Ca$h maybe you should get your head out of your ass, realize that you are NOT right all the time, and move on...instead of arguing with everybody on this forum. dont criticize people for the way they type or what they say, when you make yourself out to be the most immature member of this network.

1998 Acura Integra LS 74k Sold 1/07
2007 Toyota Tacoma Prerunner SR5 .04k!
2011 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab, 4x4 TRD Sport
Old 01-07-2003, 05:26 PM

I used to have 2 ten inch Orions in my trunk, and yes i used to blast 'em all the time. But, I was considerate. I never blasted them after midnight. Plus, here in Elgin Ill, if a cop can hear your music from 70 ft away. He can pull you over, and confiscate your car and give you a huge fine. But, its ok if a dude in a Harley Davidson roars by your house at 1am. I think thats total B.S. These bikes are two times louder than any system can be. And, a system can be turned down. Now, why dont these Harley's get banned?
Old 01-07-2003, 06:42 PM
Hater

Quote:
Originally posted by petesvx2
well....in defense of rap music, you may try listening to a good artist and the lyrics instead of the boomin bass and the swears. its a style just like any other type of music, and rappers do talk about issues important to people.
what is a "good rap artist"? one who steals a good sample? comes up with a clever rhyme? Dr. Seuss must be a huge rap pioneer. rappers don't have much talent in my opinion - its all about hype and attitude, not musical talent.

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 01-07-2003, 09:10 PM

(stepping lightly into the thread)

i kinda agree with pete on this. there are different types of rap, i personally like the underground stuff, such as CRU. they are more lyrically talented then most poets (and i studied poets for a whole 4 years). a lot of the rap i listen to is poems with bass behind them. i'm not talking about Jay Z or anything, i think that man has no talent what so ever...people that talk about money, cars, whoes, stealing, fighting, killing, raping, blah blah should go back to school and get an education. the funny part about it, people actually buy their stuff. people like Eminem say things on purpose just to get reactions and the reactions trigger more stupid, pointless, talentless lyrics.

i blast everything from techno, underground rap, dance, rock, country, heck even classical--you know what a stereo can do after you play the Blue Danube (sp?) i listen to anything and everything

i have my two 10" subs and my amp...and i am happy with that. gives me enough that people can hear me coming, but like someone that posted before, i don't do it after 10 at night (NJ has a sound curfew) i don't do it in town, i like to hear things around me. i also don't do it when i have other people in the car (instead of blasting music on the back road to keep me awake, they do ). there is a time and place for it. anyways...back to Thread Wars Part XXI?

Kelli
1992 LS-L Pearl 124k
"Yeah, that thingy!"
owner of the new 1992 LS-L Pearl "Susie"
I am a pessimistic optimistic. I think the worst is going to happen, that way when it does, i don't feel as bad, but if the best happens, i am twice as happy.
Old 01-07-2003, 09:59 PM
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOST

Send a message via AIM to Phast SVX
Can we move this thread to the. "ten beers at a bar fight forum" Who cares, deal with it, both ways. There is two sides to everything.
phil
Old 01-07-2003, 11:48 PM
SVX-HI.

So...

anyone know what brands carry some 6x9 subs? Not co-axial ones, (ones having tweeters as well) just the subwoofer. I don't want to put anything in my trunk I just want a little deeper bass in the car. any suggested websites would be good too.
Old 01-08-2003, 08:29 AM
Alcyone SVX LSL

I am looking at getting rid of my big box in my trunk right now. Seems to be the way to go...1 audiobahn 10" sub, you can put out 900watts RMS at 95db if you want and it still wont take up much trunk space. Great sound for 300 including sub, box, and amp.

Last edited by Alcyone SVX LSL; 01-08-2003 at 12:19 PM.
Old 01-08-2003, 12:52 PM

some good rap artists: Tupac Shakur, Common, Mos Def, Talib Kweli...these are all artists who talk about positive issues. newer rap artists in this day and age (new millenium) all talk about the same thing, money, cars, and ho's. the artists i named earlier are the ones who are being sampled from. im not saying that you are wrong if you dont like rap music, but dont go and say its crap just because its not your style. im sure there's music out there that i dont like i.e. country, bluegrass, etc. but im not going around saying how bad it is. the people who make the music have a passion for it, and basically it IS an artform, but it is in the eye of the beholder i guess. for lack of a better phrase.

Old 01-08-2003, 02:00 PM
$VX

I wish rap artists would just shoot each other....

OH WAIT! THEY DO!

Anyway, I listen to SOME rap, some GOOD rap. IF you want to here some talented rap, listen to some LTJ Bukem, or some G Love and the special sauce.

But as for 'rap artists' I guess I don't hate the music as much as I hate the people who listen to it. Try living downtown and see how much you appreciate rap after having some rap fans live in your apt building. What? Its 1am on monday morning and they're blasting some stupid crap? OH JEE. SURPRISE. What? ITs 11:30pm tuesday night and cars keep going by that shake your foundation? SURPRISE!

As for all of you with huge subs: You all SAY you are considerate, but somehow I really freaking doubt that.

- Ca$h
Old 01-08-2003, 02:27 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by $VX

IF you want to here some talented rap,
- Ca$h
Not to cast aspersion on your perfect use of the English language, but, didn't you mean "hear?" Just goes to prove that even the "perfect" can make the occasional mistake.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 01-08-2003, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by $VX

I wish rap artists would just shoot each other....

OH WAIT! THEY DO!

Anyway, I listen to SOME rap, some GOOD rap. IF you want to here some talented rap, listen to some LTJ Bukem, or some G Love and the special sauce.

But as for 'rap artists' I guess I don't hate the music as much as I hate the people who listen to it. Try living downtown and see how much you appreciate rap after having some rap fans live in your apt building. What? Its 1am on monday morning and they're blasting some stupid crap? OH JEE. SURPRISE. What? ITs 11:30pm tuesday night and cars keep going by that shake your foundation? SURPRISE!

As for all of you with huge subs: You all SAY you are considerate, but somehow I really freaking doubt that.

- Ca$h
you could always ummm...move, and i listen to rap music so are you saying you dont like me when thats all you know about me? you are really ignorant if thats how you judge people. and if i had the money for a nice sound system to put in my car, i would have one, but i dont. just because you dont like something doesnt necessarily mean its bad. i mean you like dodge neons, i highly doubt that the majority of people on this board really care about your neon fetish, but no one puts you down for that. no one really puts down neons either. you know alot about a lot of things, but this subject, you know nothing about. rap music is part of a culture, a style of living. maybe you should get your head out of your ass and take other peoples opinions and think about them for once before trying to prove a point. its like beating a dead horse.

Old 01-08-2003, 03:40 PM
$VX

Quote:
Originally posted by petesvx2
rap music is part of a culture, a style of living.
BAHAHAhHAhaHhaHahHA

What CULTURE?

You mean food stamps, ho's, drugs, low riders, FUBU, cell phones, 20" bling bling rims, waaaaayyy to baggy pants, A COMPLETELY butchered English language, and gold teeth?!

AHHahhhaHAhahahahHAhaHahA
Old 01-08-2003, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by $VX

BAHAHAhHAhaHhaHahHA

What CULTURE?

You mean food stamps, ho's, drugs, low riders, FUBU, cell phones, 20" bling bling rims, waaaaayyy to baggy pants, A COMPLETELY butchered English language, and gold teeth?!

AHHahhhaHAhahahahHAhaHahA
yeah well heres another culture.....body piercings, jumping from a man built tower head first with a vine tied around your ankles to prove yourself a man. wearing ring after ring around your neck to make it longer. walking across hot coals in bare feet. attacking defenseless people because they don't believe in your religion. playing with highly posionous snakes....

every culture has its thing. you have yours. i have mine. i am sorry that you live in an area where everyone thinks they are a ghetto super star. that doesn't mean everyone else that listens to rap on the planet is the same way. am i going to say your an idiot because of the way you cut your hair because where i come from, that hair cut is one of people that steal wipers and curse at old ladies and what not??? how about the way you dress? how you talk? where i come from, you don't swear or be disrespectful around people that are your parents age....you do enough of that on this network in front of people that are your parents age, and probably older. so do i think you are a little disrespectful, obnoxious, spoiled little brat from the ghetto? not really....but if i thought like you....i would. if you don't like rap FINE don't listen to it....if you don't like your neighbors because they play loud rap music all night....MOVE or get EARPLUGS. heck CALL THE POLICE and have them tell them to turn it down.... tell them youself. this is a free country we live in, i think you are fully able to pick up and move.

take out a book from the library on Sociology...you might learn a thing or two about people in general

Kelli
1992 LS-L Pearl 124k
"Yeah, that thingy!"
owner of the new 1992 LS-L Pearl "Susie"
I am a pessimistic optimistic. I think the worst is going to happen, that way when it does, i don't feel as bad, but if the best happens, i am twice as happy.
Closed Thread