Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX > Political Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-16-2006, 02:10 PM

Right On!

Tigershark:

"Americans needs to take back thier country from the lazy and the criminals that are destroying it."

Great idea!
So let's start at the top with the ever vacationing Bush and his gang, Cheney, Rummy, Rove and the rest of those criminals in Wash DC breaking the law.
Arrest them all!!!
WGJ
Old 06-16-2006, 07:14 PM
Certified Porschephile

I hate to break it to you, but if we arrested every politician who broke the law, there'd be 9 people in the Senate and 24 in the House.
Old 06-16-2006, 07:54 PM

Works For Me...Took Us Only A Couple Of Months To Dispatch...

"Duke" Cunningham to prison, hold an election and replace his crooked ass. Next is that piece of pig excrement, Tom DeLay and that black weasel from Georgia, then Jerry Lewis, etc etc, regardless of political affiliation. As we continue to find political crooks and jail them, two things will take place, booth of which should appeal to any law abiding citizen:
1. Future Congress people, goverment types and lobbyists will be far more circumspect about breaking the law.
2. Eventually we may find ourselves with honest people holding a majority in Congress!
WGJ

Fragile as reason is and limited as law is as the institutionalised medium of reason, that's all we have between us and the tyranny of mere will and the cruelty of unbridled, undisciplined feelings.
-Felix Frankfurter
Old 06-17-2006, 09:00 AM
Certified Porschephile

Just to make sure your unbiased, that include hell-ery clinton and barbara boxster correct?
Old 06-17-2006, 09:17 AM
No longer blue member

Send a message via AIM to SubaSteevo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigershark
Just to make sure your unbiased, that include hell-ery clinton and barbara boxster correct?
Hillary is an example of everything wrong with politics. If your spouse was caught cheating, how many people would stand by them and support them? Not many, unless you have a reason. A divorce would have ruined her image, and that's what politics is all about, who has the better image, and who can pull the most strings because they know the most people. Oh yeah, and being a millionaire seems to help too.

Member #895(the member formerly known as BurgundyBeast)
01' MSM Lexus IS300
Old 06-17-2006, 09:57 AM
Certified Porschephile

I was refering to her questionable practices as a lawyer and her landholding fiasco that cost many people thier life savings. Not that many lawyers don't operate outside the rules and spirit of the laws, but she is a fine example of politics overiding morals.
Old 06-17-2006, 10:42 AM
No longer blue member

Quote:
I was refering to her questionable practices as a lawyer and her landholding fiasco that cost many people thier life savings. Not that many lawyers don't operate outside the rules and spirit of the laws, but she is a fine example of politics overiding morals.
Different example, same basic concept

01' MSM Lexus IS300
Old 06-17-2006, 01:15 PM

Divorce Really An Issue?

"A divorce would have ruined her image, and that's what politics is all about, who has the better image, and who can pull the most strings because they know the most people."

I'm not sure having her image "ruined" by divorce was all that much of a concern:

Ronald Reagan - divorced the mother of two of his children to marry Nancy Reagan, who bore him a daughter only 7 months after the marriage.
Bob Dole - divorced the mother of his child, who had nursed him through the long recovery from his war wounds.
Newt Gingrich - divorced his wife who was dying of cancer.
Dick Armey - House Majority Leader - divorced
Sen. Phil Gramm of Texas - divorced
Gov. John Engler of Michigan - divorced
Gov. Pete Wilson of California - divorced
George Will - divorced
Sen. Lauch Faircloth - divorced
Rush Limbaugh - Rush and his ex-wife Marta have six marriages and four divorces between them.
Rep. Bob Barr of Georgia - Barr, not yet 50 years old, has been married three times. Barr had the audacity to author and push the "Defense of Marriage Act." The current joke making the rounds on Capitol Hill is "Bob Barr... WHICH marriage are you defending?!?"
Sen. Alfonse D'Amato of New York - divorced
Sen. John Warner of Virginia - divorced (once married to Liz Taylor.)
Gov. George Allen of Virginia - divorced
Henry Kissinger - divorced
Rep. Helen Chenoweth of Idaho - divorced
Sen. John McCain of Arizonia - divorced
Rep. John Kasich of Ohio - divorced
Rep. Susan Molinari of New York - Republican National Convention Keynote Speaker - divorced

Didn't seem to slow these monkey's political careers down.
WGJ

Last edited by WGJ; 06-17-2006 at 01:21 PM.
Old 06-17-2006, 02:48 PM
No longer blue member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WGJ
"A divorce would have ruined her image, and that's what politics is all about, who has the better image, and who can pull the most strings because they know the most people."

I'm not sure having her image "ruined" by divorce was all that much of a concern:

Ronald Reagan - divorced the mother of two of his children to marry Nancy Reagan, who bore him a daughter only 7 months after the marriage.
Bob Dole - divorced the mother of his child, who had nursed him through the long recovery from his war wounds.
Newt Gingrich - divorced his wife who was dying of cancer.
Dick Armey - House Majority Leader - divorced
Sen. Phil Gramm of Texas - divorced
Gov. John Engler of Michigan - divorced
Gov. Pete Wilson of California - divorced
George Will - divorced
Sen. Lauch Faircloth - divorced
Rush Limbaugh - Rush and his ex-wife Marta have six marriages and four divorces between them.
Rep. Bob Barr of Georgia - Barr, not yet 50 years old, has been married three times. Barr had the audacity to author and push the "Defense of Marriage Act." The current joke making the rounds on Capitol Hill is "Bob Barr... WHICH marriage are you defending?!?"
Sen. Alfonse D'Amato of New York - divorced
Sen. John Warner of Virginia - divorced (once married to Liz Taylor.)
Gov. George Allen of Virginia - divorced
Henry Kissinger - divorced
Rep. Helen Chenoweth of Idaho - divorced
Sen. John McCain of Arizonia - divorced
Rep. John Kasich of Ohio - divorced
Rep. Susan Molinari of New York - Republican National Convention Keynote Speaker - divorced

Didn't seem to slow these monkey's political careers down.
WGJ
Deja vu, I think I remember this from another thread...but none of those people had a successful career after divorcing the President of the United States. If you think Hillary would have any sort of successful political career had it not been for Bill, then you are severly mistaken.

01' MSM Lexus IS300
Old 06-17-2006, 03:23 PM
Certified Porschephile

I guess only Republicans divorce. Oh well. I'm glad hell-ary took one for the donkey team.

Last edited by Royal Tiger; 06-17-2006 at 03:35 PM.
Old 06-17-2006, 03:41 PM
Poor College Racer

Send a message via AIM to drivemusicnow
Quote:
I guess only Republicans divorce. Oh well. I'm glad hell-ary took one for the donkey team.

Rep is representative... versus Sen for senator.

97 Red SVX LSi clean
96 Black SVX LSi beater
90 Red Eclipse GSX track ho
99 Ford F250 work horse
My Locker
Old 06-17-2006, 07:39 PM

Democrats Divorce Too...

but they're not the monkey's trying to equate marriage and a civil union as the same thing with all the sanctimonious religious overtones. Landshark made the call: Marriage for those with religious beliefs, civil union for the secular and/or homosexuals who want to be legally recognized as a couple. Seems reasonable to me.
WGJ
Old 06-17-2006, 07:53 PM

What Did Hillary Do?

Quote:
You've lost me. What did Hillary do that makes you say "she is a fine example of politics overiding morals."? And are you confusing morals with law? If we start going after people's moral positions, THEY'D ALL BE IN JAIL and we'd be known as a theocracy or a dictatorship...there would be no due process.

Laws are partly formed for the sake of good men, in order to instruct them how they may live on friendly terms with one another, and partly for the sake of those who refuse to be instructed, whose spirit cannot be subdued, or softened, or hindered from plunging into evil.

Plato (427 BC - 347 BC)

Last edited by WGJ; 06-17-2006 at 07:57 PM.
Old 06-17-2006, 08:03 PM
Which manual is "that" in??

Quote:
Originally Posted by WGJ
You've lost me. What did Hillary do that makes you say "she is a fine example of politics overiding morals."? And are you confusing morals with law? If we start going after people's moral positions, THEY'D ALL BE IN JAIL and we'd be known as a theocracy or a dictatorship...there would be no due process.
I think that was the neo-cons plan at the beginning. Turn us into a Theocracy. What did Anne Coulter say? Something about converting all the Muslims to Christianity "after" we bomb them all?

A neo-con is the closest thing the US has for a radical islamic terrorist. Almost the same thing, just a different religion. If there was a country that they actually felt threatened by, they'd be over there bombing them.

Oh....wait... Iraq.

Is Bush in jail yet? (Looks frantically at watch, then back up) How about now? Now? Come onnnnnn...... Someone freeze me until January, this wait is killing me.
Update: 09 January, and still not in jail! Wassup??

1992 Teal LS-L - 160k (Now new and improved with perfect paint!)
Old 06-17-2006, 08:36 PM

What Laws Did They Break?

Tigershark:

We're all equal before the law...what laws have they broken?
WGJ