Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > ECU Tune Projects
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-2005, 08:51 PM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
You have all the time in the world to give it to ya. I will not be at the subaru challenge as I proboly have class that day and/or work

Tom
Old 08-30-2005, 05:45 PM
Banned
Subaru Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Budfreak
Question

LAN, this is just an idea off the top of my head, but would it be possible to put together a cheaper supercharger kit? you could design the ducting for the intake and all the brackets and so on and use like a paxton novi or something like that mounted on the front of the engine. stage3v2 perhaps? or make the roots blower the stage 4 and make this the stage3? just food for thought and was just hoping for something cheaper than 6500. anyway, good work so far and keep it up. someday you'll be getting an order from me for stage2v4.
Old 09-21-2005, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by budfreak1
LAN, this is just an idea off the top of my head, but would it be possible to put together a cheaper supercharger kit? you could design the ducting for the intake and all the brackets and so on and use like a paxton novi or something like that mounted on the front of the engine. stage3v2 perhaps? or make the roots blower the stage 4 and make this the stage3? just food for thought and was just hoping for something cheaper than 6500. anyway, good work so far and keep it up. someday you'll be getting an order from me for stage2v4.
Lan will definitley be more pesice than me and may disaggree, but i dont think that he could lower the price any significant amount even if he put a cheaper blolwer on it. The one he uses now probley cost a a decent amount but even if you were to get a super charger for a $1000 less, it would still be at least $5250 and that dosent take into acount for the diffrences that he would have to design into the system. And that would give you a supercharger that would probley not come that close to the efficiancy and capibilites of the one he uses now. I would rather save up another $1000 and know that i got a superior set up that can be capible of supporting any further mods that are bound to happen if you have the mod bug hard enough to spend $6000 plus on the car.
Old 09-23-2005, 11:04 AM
Official AutoX Part Breaker
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Personally, I think Micheal is doing a great job with his s/c kit....he's thinking through the engineering/fabrication in a very thorough manner. As far as cost goes, the only place I see a potential cost savings is sticking with the stock injectors in lieu of using the NISMO injectors. Given the amount of fabrication involved, I think folks are definitely going to get their money's worth.
-Bill

Most famous NASA "Child" - OSIRIS-REx delivered samples from asteroid BENNU to Earth in Sept. 2023

Center Network Member #989

'92 Fully caged, 5 speed, waiting for its fully built EG33
'92 "Test Mule", 4:44 Auto, JDM 4:44 Rear Diff with Mech LSD, Tuned headers, Full one-off suspension
'92(?) Laguna, 6 spd and other stuff (still at OT's place)
My Locker
Old 10-15-2005, 09:45 PM
THAWA

Have you hit the dyno yet?
Old 12-05-2005, 07:16 PM
SEA Sleeper

300+ hp Will the driveline hold?

Even w/ the STi transaxle equipped SVX does anyone really think that Subaru can build a driveline strong enough to run this system reliably?

Seems to be that this is well developed in squeezing more power out of the EG33 but I predict that those who do fit this system on will be in the market for replacing almost every element of the driveline within as little as 6 months.

Didn’t the stock EG33 sheer teeth off of the STi gear set? I know what the STi WRX output values are but we're also not talking about a 3500 lb car.

It's exciting to have output values like this for the EG33 but I think we're all a bit excited w/o considering all the variables here.
Old 12-05-2005, 07:22 PM
Official AutoX Part Breaker
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEA Sleeper
Even w/ the STi transaxle equipped SVX does anyone really think that Subaru can build a driveline strong enough to run this system reliably?

Seems to be that this is well developed in squeezing more power out of the EG33 but I predict that those who do fit this system on will be in the market for replacing almost every element of the driveline within as little as 6 months.

Didn’t the stock EG33 sheer teeth off of the STi gear set? I know what the STi WRX output values are but we're also not talking about a 3500 lb car.

It's exciting to have output values like this for the EG33 but I think we're all a bit excited w/o considering all the variables here.
WRT supporting 300+ WHP, a 4HEAT-equipped SVX should have no problem handling the Hp. The 4HEAT has already proven itself capable of handling 500+ HP in a drag racing application (Rigoli Brothers).
-Bill

Most famous NASA "Child" - OSIRIS-REx delivered samples from asteroid BENNU to Earth in Sept. 2023

Center Network Member #989

'92 Fully caged, 5 speed, waiting for its fully built EG33
'92 "Test Mule", 4:44 Auto, JDM 4:44 Rear Diff with Mech LSD, Tuned headers, Full one-off suspension
'92(?) Laguna, 6 spd and other stuff (still at OT's place)
My Locker
Old 12-05-2005, 07:32 PM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
The Sti weighs 3350 lbs so I really don't see the difference.
92 Ebony LS-L ECUtune Stage2av1, Z32 MAF, 370cc injectors, TomsSVX intake, BontragerWorks 22mm RSB #003, HID Hi and Lo beams, OT endlink and bushing mods, PWR Aluminum radiator, Harvey's QC shift kit, 2.5" flowmaster 80 exhaust, 17" Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Poly sway bar bushings, Slotted Bradi rotors, AFBeefcake powdercoated calipers, 97 grill, and a huge set of air horns. 300,000 miles and counting
92 Ebony LS-L. ecutune stage1v4, motorsport 1pc pulley. Garage Queen - sold to Dad in upstate NY 155,000 miles
19 Subaru Ascent Premium - -Hers !.
89 DL 4x4 little red wagon - a.k.a. The immortal suby. 275k R.I.P.
Old 12-05-2005, 07:35 PM
no limitation as limitation

after seeing svxfiles car and how he drives it im positive tthe 4.44eat can handel it.
Old 12-05-2005, 09:26 PM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
not to mention my car has been able to handle some serious abuse with a good amount of power...

THe 4heat trans has more than enough guts to hold LAN's Stage 3 kit and the axles are stout enough to handle that as well... The weakest points in the driveline are the front and rear differentials... The front diff can hold a good amount of power as long as it is maintained properly... the rear differential is another story... It would be much better if you upgraded to an r180 but to do this the front differential gears will need to swapped out for 3.90's if they even make them... Anyway my point is, the trans will hold it...the axles will hold it... the driveshaft should hold it... I don't see what else will be replaced... Not to mention with this style of blower used it will only make more power when the used wants it to, so just be a little user friendly thats all

Tom
Old 12-05-2005, 09:36 PM
no limitation as limitation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsSVX
Not to mention with this style of blower used it will only make more power when the used wants it to, so just be a little user friendly thats all
Tom

user friendly???? man i so wish i could get a 4.44 r180
Old 12-06-2005, 08:52 AM
Row faster...I hear banjos!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthewmongan
user friendly???? man i so wish i could get a 4.44 r180
They do exist in certain JDM STI models...

-Chike

2013 Cosmic Blue 5spd Evo X GSR
2006 Galaxy Gray 6MT RX-8 (sold)
2006 Steel Gray WRX TR (sold)
1996 Brilliant Red SVX L (sold)
Old 12-06-2005, 08:54 AM
Row faster...I hear banjos!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthewmongan
after seeing svxfiles car and how he drives it im positive tthe 4.44eat can handel it.
Agreed. He does four wheel burnouts and is definitely making some good power-over-stock with his s/c set-up. His trans is holding up just fine.

My 4.44 front diff case cracked, but I strongly believe that a small crack had been in the case since I bought it. Either way, the rest of my trans is fine and was unaffected.

-Chike

2013 Cosmic Blue 5spd Evo X GSR
2006 Galaxy Gray 6MT RX-8 (sold)
2006 Steel Gray WRX TR (sold)
1996 Brilliant Red SVX L (sold)
Old 12-07-2005, 05:35 PM
SEA Sleeper

Red face Respectfully...

... I stand corrected.

It's very exciting to think that the performace of these cars may finally match thier beauty. Upgrades aside, it's still quite impressive considering production began in '91.
Old 12-28-2005, 12:10 AM
svxpassion

Need Spare Parts?

LAN... I'm a little late.. just read all 46 pages... my eyes hurt. I have a engine in my garage that I had a piston explode in. Are you still looking for manifolds and stuff? I'm thinking of building it too.. ya know for the 14-16psi!
But let me know if you need parts.

Paul