Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX > Political Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-02-2006, 12:08 AM
Which manual is "that" in??

Just spreading that good ole Western Democracy

Or maybe not. Depends on your views.:

Say what we want, hide the truth, or go to jail.

Is Bush in jail yet? (Looks frantically at watch, then back up) How about now? Now? Come onnnnnn...... Someone freeze me until January, this wait is killing me.
Update: 09 January, and still not in jail! Wassup??

1992 Teal LS-L - 160k (Now new and improved with perfect paint!)
Old 07-02-2006, 08:40 PM
building more AK47's

It makes me wonder who "leaked" the info. They should be given a medal and not treated like the terrorists themselves. If the government cant keep their "great idea" under wraps then they have no one to blame but themselves. But when our freedoms are being slowly taken away and our "great leader" G.W. Bush thinks he can bark and tell me he can protect us I just laugh. How many more lame ideas is this moron going to feed us before we unload? This country has slowly went downhill in political , economic , and social matters. I cant wait till 2008 to see bumbling Bush go
Old 07-02-2006, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonsvx
It makes me wonder who "leaked" the info. They should be given a medal and not treated like the terrorists themselves. If the government cant keep their "great idea" under wraps then they have no one to blame but themselves. But when our freedoms are being slowly taken away and our "great leader" G.W. Bush thinks he can bark and tell me he can protect us I just laugh. How many more lame ideas is this moron going to feed us before we unload? This country has slowly went downhill in political , economic , and social matters. I cant wait till 2008 to see bumbling Bush go
I want to see him in an impeachment process. He and that other chickenhawk Cheney have earned that priviledge.

Is Bush in jail yet? (Looks frantically at watch, then back up) How about now? Now? Come onnnnnn...... Someone freeze me until January, this wait is killing me.

Old 07-02-2006, 10:45 PM
Old Timer (age that is)

Send a message via Yahoo to lhopp77
Registered SVX
Great Joke!!

Best joke thread I have seen on here in a couple weeks.

Lee
96 SVX LSi Red
92 SVX LS Pearl (Parts)
01 F150 4X4 Red
(+6 with other members of the family)

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 07-03-2006, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhopp77
Best joke thread I have seen on here in a couple weeks.

Lee
We is ah gonna git him Lee. Won't be long.

Old 07-03-2006, 11:52 PM

Laugh This Off...

Analysis
A Governing Philosophy Rebuffed
Ruling Emphasizes Constitutional Boundaries

By Peter Baker and Michael Abramowitz
Washington Post Staff Writers
Friday, June 30, 2006; Page A01

For five years, President Bush waged war as he saw fit. If intelligence officers needed to eavesdrop on overseas telephone calls without warrants, he authorized it. If the military wanted to hold terrorism suspects without trial, he let it.

Now the Supreme Court has struck at the core of his presidency and dismissed the notion that the president alone can determine how to defend the country. In rejecting Bush's military tribunals for terrorism suspects, the high court ruled that even a wartime commander in chief must govern within constitutional confines significantly tighter than this president has believed appropriate.

Court Rejects Guantanamo Tribunals
Derek Jinks, author and assistant professor at the University of Texas School of Law, discussed the Supreme Court's decision to reject President Bush's creation of military war trials for Guantanamo detainees as part of the war on terror. Jinks was coauthor of an amicus brief on the applicability of the Geneva Convention in support of Salim Ahmed Hamdan's position.

For many in Washington, the decision echoed not simply as a matter of law but as a rebuke of a governing philosophy of a leader who at repeated turns has operated on the principle that it is better to act than to ask permission. This ethos is why many supporters find Bush an inspiring leader, and why many critics in this country and abroad react so viscerally against him.

At a political level, the decision carries immediate ramifications. It provides fodder to critics who turned Guantanamo Bay into a metaphor for an administration run amok. Now lawmakers may have to figure out how much due process is enough for suspected terrorists, hardly the sort of issue many would be eager to engage in during the months before an election.

More on the Story
Military Tribunals: In Hamdan v. Rumsfeld Osama bin Laden's former personal chauffeur Salim Ahmed Hamdan claims that his trial by a military commission violates his rights under the Geneva Convention and that President Bush violated the constitutional provision allowing Congress to form tribunals below the Supreme Court.

WGJ
Wowsers, the Supreme Court standing up for the Constitution and the rule of law. This single act does more to restore our credibility as a nation than anything Bush and his gang have ever done. At least now we don't look like a country full of hypocrits, just a goverment run by hypocrits.

Full Story:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...referrer=email

Last edited by WGJ; 07-03-2006 at 11:55 PM.